What You'll Get
Mainstrasse Village is a picturesque restored German Village dating back from the 1830's. During the summer months, people flock to the sidewalk seating on the town square. It is like dining on a sidewalk cafe in Europe! We stroll under a canopy of trees with park benches to sit and relax. This is the easiest of our walking tours. Included on this tour are ample portions, more than enough for lunch. Plus we sample beer, wine and bourbon! Each tasting is served from a locally-owned and operated restaurant which takes pride in utilizing Kentucky Proud products and supporting nearby farms and businesses. We normally get to meet at least 2 or 3 of the owners and learn what it takes to make it in the restaurant business.
Some of the 6 or 7 tastings you will enjoy include German Bavarian pretzel with homemade beer cheese dip, a gourmet chili cheese hotdog featuring a Tex-Mex style chili made with from an authentic German goetta recipe, a tasting of one of 65 different flavors of soft serve, a slice of a signature pizza or a portion of a gourmet burger, a Charcuterie board featuring a variety of locally sourced cheeses, jams, almonds, dried fruits and to top off the tour, a homemade seasonal dessert served with a generous cup of Ethiopian coffee or tea. We promise you won't leave this tour hungry!Please note: The food venues are not handicap accessible. We can accommodate vegetarians only. Vegetarians must call prior to the tour 513-289-0035. We cannot accommodate food allergies, gluten-free, lo-carb or vegan diets. A standard liability waiver form must be signed prior to the start of the tour. Restrooms are available at every food venue. The total walking distance is a relaxing 1.25 miles on a flat terrain.
If you feel your tour guide met or exceeded your expectations, tips are greatly appreciated.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking by calling 513-289-0035
- Other dietary restrictions such as gluten free, lo-carb, vegan or food allergies cannot be accommodated.
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Standard liability waiver form must be signed prior to the start of the tour
- Ample food servings
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Local certified guide
- A beer, wine and bourbon tasting
- May bring your own water bottle for hydration
- Additional alcoholic drinks are available to purchase
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Gratuities (recommended)
The Mainstrasse Village Public parking lot is free to the public. Street parking is also free and available on side streets adjacent to the neighborhood.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Riverside Food Tours LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.