Join an unforgettable experience of climbing a frozen waterfall. This 6-hour tour leads an adventurous group deep into Jasper’s Maligne Canyon in search of ice walls and hidden beauty. You'll explore parts of the canyon that are inaccessible to most park visitors. Your fun, safe experience starts and ends at the tour office located in central Jasper. Local certified guides ensure your safety while descending and climbing frozen waterfalls in a variety of spectacular locations. Beginners are encouraged! No experience necessary.
What You'll Get
DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
Join us for an unforgettable experience of climbing a frozen waterfall. This fun, safe, thrilling experience lets you explore places that are inaccessible to most park visitors.
This six-hour tour begins at our office in Jasper where you meet your guide and get your gear. We then travel to our climbing site: Maligne Canyon, Tangle Falls, or Edge of the World, based on the weather.
Once at the site, your guide coaches you on techniques, safety, and gear. Next? We climb!
All technical equipment included (boots, crampons, harnesses, axes, helmet)
Wear winter clothing and lots of layers (what you would wear to the ski hill)
Transportation is provided from town to the climbing site and back
All trips leave from the Rockaboo office (610 Patricia Street – upstairs). We ask participants to be ready to depart at the start time – we want to climb, not sit around the office!
• Maligne Canyon, Maligne Road, Jasper, Jasper National Park, Alberta T0E 1E0 Canada
• Rockaboo Mountain Adventures, 610 Patricia Street (upstairs), Jasper, Jasper National Park, Alberta T0E 1E0 Canada
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Transport by private vehicle
- Local guide
- All technical gear (boots, crampons, helmets, ice tools)
- Hotel drop-off
610 Patricia St, Jasper, AB T0E 1E0, Canada
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Rockaboo Mountain Adventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.