Your adventure starts off in Calgary and heads west . Stop in Cochrane, AB for a stroll around main street and experience the old northwest. Travel past the Yamnuska Wolf Sanctuary along the historic Bow Valley Trail, through ranch country. Enter the Rocky Mountains and the Canmore area for lunch to experience a mountain resort town. Lunch is included in the passenger price. Wolf Dog Sanctuary tours are available after booking at an additional charge. Please enquire.
What You'll Get
DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
Let us bring you to the Rockies by way of a less traveled, more scenic roadway. From your pick-up location in Calgary, we will head to Cochrane and its quaint old western downtown streets. The drive along the Cochrane hill highway provides views into the mountains and over the ranching landscape in between. From Cochrane, we take the picturesque Highway 1A. The speed of travel is such that you’ll have a chance to enjoy the scenery and snap photos of wildlife as we pass by.
Taking this route allows us to showcase for you the Morley Reserve, belonging to the Chiniki Band of the Nakoda (or Stoney) Nation. This nation is one of the Treaty Seven nations that call southern Alberta home. From the Morley Reserve, we pass into the front ridges of the Rocky Mountains. We drive past lakes and rock faces, as well as sweeping highway corners that reveal portions of the Bow River valley. Arriving in Canmore, we can tour the townsite and visit the Alpine Centre (home of the 1988 Olympic biathlon and cross-country skiing events). We will arrange a lunch stop at one of the local eateries, depending on your food preferences. The return to Calgary can be along the 1A, or along the Trans-Canada Highway as per your choice. This tour is a full day experience, with many options to enhance or tailor the trip to your interests.
The tour can include a tour at the Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary, a conservation group dedicated to informing the public on wolfdogs and bringing these unique animals to sustainable homes either in care or placed with foster families. The tour can also include a tour of the Chiniki Cultural Centre; an experience celebrating food, art, music, culture and storytelling of the Chiniki Nation. The stop in Cochrane can include a visit to MacKay’s Ice Cream Parlour, a perennial favourite for families and foodies. There are amazing photo vistas that can be part of the experience, or we can incorporate other options as per your request.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking in kg. Limits 27-145 kg
- Head circumference must be provided in CM for proper helmet fitment. Use a cloth measuring tape.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Bottled water
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Rocky Mountain Sidecar Adventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.