What You'll Get
All aboard! All group carriage tours board at the carriage stand located at 700 Decatur Street. All tour participants must check in with a Royal Carriages Representative at least 5 mins prior to your reservation time. He or she can be found near the beginning of the line of carriages under the red umbrella wearing a bright red company shirt. Boarding for all group carriage tours may take up to 15 mins.
Let's ride! As your carriage departs from Jackson Square, your driver/guide will regale you with stories of the city's founding as the carriage passes through the historic French Quarter streets, past landmarks such as Saint Louis Cathedral, Jackson Square, Napoleon House, and more. Expect stories that are both historical, entertaining and appropriate for all visitors.
Optional Cemetery Tour! Carriage Tours booked between the hours of 10:00 am - 2:00 pm include a visit to Saint Louis Cemetery #1. After a 1-mile carriage ride, your carriage will park outside of the gates of Saint Louis Cemetery No. 1. You'll disembark the carriage and follow your driver/guide on a 15 to 20-minute walking tour of the cemetery where you'll discover why New Orleans uses above ground burials. The most famous burial in all of New Orleans is where the Voodoo Queen, Marie Laveau, was laid to rest. Your carriage driver will show you this sought-after tomb and explain to you the story of Marie Laveau, in addition to answering questions you may have about the religion of Voodoo.
Optional Neighborhood Tour! While Carriage Tours booked after 2:00pm do not include a visit to the cemetery, they do include a visit to a second historic neighborhood known as the Faubourg Marigny. This route gives visitors an opportunity to see more of New Orleans. This Creole Neighborhood, adored by lovers of architecture, is known for its colorful bohemian Creole Cottages, Shotgun Homes, and the Grand Mansions of Esplanade Avenue. This route also features Frenchmen Street, which is "where to locals go" for live jazz and more.
Get back! After exploring one of the above mentioned destinations, you carriage will reroute itself back through the beautiful French Quarter before returning to Jackson Square.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All tour participants must arrive 15 minutes early to the boarding location. Late arrivals will miss the tour and not be provided with a second opportunity to ride or a refund.
- Limited mobility, please advise at time of booking if assistance is required
- Carriages are able to visit Saint Louis Cemetery #1 on all reservations booked between 9:00 am - 2:00 pm, with the exceptions of holidays and unannounced funerals. If a funeral is announced, the cemetery portion of the tour is replaced with the Creole Neighborhood known as the Faubourg Marigny.
- The cemetery has lots of uneven and muddy surfaces that are not suitable for wheelchairs, strollers, or walkers.
- Royal Carriages cannot control the hours of operation of the cemetery, and will not issue any refunds to customers if the cemetery has an unexpected closure.
- All carriage tours booked after 2:00 pm include a tour of the Creole Neighborhood known as the Faubourg Marigny, and do not include a tour of Saint Louis Cemetery No. 1.
- All Carriage Tours Include:
- 1-hour mule-drawn carriage ride on a 6-8 passenger carriage
- Fully narrated history tour
- Professional Licensed Tour Guide
- Round Trip
- Optional Cemetery Tours Include:
- Entrance to Saint Louis Cemetery #1 (when available)
- Small Group Walking Tour inside Cemetery, as part of 1-hour tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Carriage Tours leave at their intended departure time. We expect all guests to check-in 15 mins prior to their reservation time, as there are no refunds or reschedules for missed tour appointments.
700 Decatur Street, New Orleans, LA 70116
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Royal Carriages in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.