What You'll Get
All aboard! All group carriage tours board at the carriage stand located at 700 Decatur Street. All tour participants must check in with a Royal Carriages Representative at least 5 mins prior to your reservation time. He or she can be found near the beginning of the line of carriages under the red umbrella wearing a bright red company shirt. Boarding for all group carriage tours may take up to 15 mins.
Let's ride! As your carriage departs from Jackson Square, your driver/guide will regale you with stories of the city's founding as the carriage passes through the historic French Quarter streets, past landmarks such as Saint Louis Cathedral, Jackson Square, Napoleon House, and more as the carriage heads to Saint Louis Cemetery #1. Expect stories that are both historical, entertaining and appropriate for all visitors.
City of the Dead. After a 1-mile carriage ride, your carriage will park outside of the gates of Saint Louis Cemetery No. 1. You'll disembark the carriage and follow your driver/guide on a 15 to 20-minute walking tour of the cemetery where you'll discover why New Orleans uses above ground burials.
Tomb of Marie Laveau. The most famous burial in all of New Orleans is where the Voodoo Queen, Marie Laveau, was laid to rest. Your carriage driver will show you this sought-after tomb and explain to you the story of Marie Laveau, in addition to answering questions you may have about the religion of Voodoo.
Get back! After exploring the tombs of the cemetery, you will hop back on board your carriage to continue to explore the rest of the French Quarter before returning to Jackson Square.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Limited mobility, please advise at time of booking if assistance is required
- Carriages are able to visit Saint Louis Cemetery #1 on all reservations booked between 9:00 am - 2:00 pm, Monday -Friday, and between 9:00 am - 11:00 am on Sundays, with the exceptions of holidays and unannounced funerals.
- The cemetery has lots of uneven and muddy surfaces that are not suitable for wheelchairs, strollers, or walkers.
- Royal Carriages cannot control the hours of operation of the cemetery, and will not issue any refunds to customers if the cemetery has an unexpected closure.
- 1-hour mule-drawn carriage ride on a 6-8 passenger carriage
- Fully narrated history tour
- Professional Licensed Tour Guide
- Round Trip
- Entrance to Saint Louis Cemetery #1 (when available)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
700 Decatur Street, New Orleans, LA 70116
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Royal Carriages in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
ALL SALES FINAL. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply. See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.