This full day excursion from Anchorage includes a local guide, a tour of the Musk Ox Farm, an interpretive nature walk in the Hatcher Pass area, a farm-to-table style meal, and photo-stops along the Glenn Highway Scenic Byway!
A Note on Seasonality:
The outdoor activity portion of this tour is weather dependent, based on conditions.
July & August: we will take an interpretive walk through the abandoned Independence Mine State Historical Park Visitor Center, led by your local guide.
April - October: we will visit a local recreation area for an interpretive nature walk led by your local guide. If you prefer not to explore, we will have a campfire with s'mores and an indoor facility for your enjoyment!
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Musk Ox Farm, 12850 E Archie Rd, Palmer, AK 99645
Visit the Musk Ox Farm, known as one of the most unique animal husbandry projects in the world, for up close views of Musk Ox! Walk the trails aside these fascinating Ice Age creatures as you learn about their adaptations and place in the future of Alaskan agriculture. You'll also have time to explore the Musk Ox Farm's shop for gifts such as qiviut (Musk Ox wool, one of the most sought after fibers in the world)!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Hatcher Pass, Alaska
As we ascend the Talkeetna Mountains, we will enter the alpine area of Independence Mine State Historical Park in the breathtaking Hatcher Pass! During the summer, we will take an interpretive walk led by your local guide. The Independence Mine trail is ONLY open 6-8 weeks of the summer so if you visit us in July and August, the Chugach State Park Rangers will open the gates and we are permitted to walk through the old mining town on established trails. This old mining town is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places. In early summer and throughout the fall months, we'll access neighboring trails for our nature walk led by your local guide. During the winter, we'll visit a local recreation area for a snowshoe stroll or winter hike, with demonstrations by your local guided.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Turkey Red, 550 S Alaska St, Palmer, AK 99645, USA
A delicious meal is included, provided by a locally owned and operated restaurant, known for their farm to table style ingredients!
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guests must complete health screening questionnaire and sign COVID-19 waiver before boarding the van.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Musk Ox Farm
- Entry/Admission - Hatcher Pass
- Entry/Admission - Turkey Red
Salmon Berry Travel & Tours, 515 W 4th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Please call our office 1-2 days prior to reconfirm pick up time and location.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Salmon Berry Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.