What You'll Get
The World Heritage Missions Tour runs every Saturday afternoon, from 1pm to 4pm. You will first be picked up in a Mercedes Sprinter van in front of the downtown St. Anthony Hotel. From there, you will visit Mission Espada which is the oldest mission, built in 1690. Then, head over to Mission San Juan Capistrano which was originally built in East Texas and moved to San Antonio in 1716. Next, Mission Concepción, which is the best preserved of all the missions. Lastly, Mission San Jose, the biggest of all the missions, which was built in 1720.
This tour is a fun day out-and-about, exploring each mission while the guide paints a picture for you to envision mission life back in the 1800's. Learn why San Antonio was the perfect spot for these missions to strive and what eventually lead to their decline.
Your tour will end back at its original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Each individual must purchase a ticket
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Guest must provide infant seat or car seat for children
- A maximum of 11 people per booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please dress comfortably and according to the weather. The missions are an outside venue.
- The Missions are active parishes and the churches are run by the Catholic Arch Diocese of San Antonio. There may be times when the church is in use and closed to public viewing.
- Tour guide
- Transportation from the St. Anthony Hotel
- Infant or child car seats
St. Anthony Hotel
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the San Antonio Detours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.