What You'll Get
Join a troupe of Segway riders on Beach Street, along Fisherman’s Wharf, to gear up for your evening ride with a 20-25-minute safety orientation. Along with a helmet and safety vest, you’ll get hooked up with a radio device so you don’t miss any of your guide’s commentary along the way. Once you feel comfortable on your two-wheeler, hit the streets to see Chinatown, North Beach, Fisherman’s Wharf and the Embarcadero lit up at night. It’s a great way to see the city in a new light!
Depart from Beach Street to head up to North Beach, or what locals consider the city’s Little Italy. The streets are flanked by bustling Italian restaurants, with the scent of authentic warm dishes wafting from the doorways. Imagine the Beat poets and artists who once roamed the neighborhood as your guide shares history about the counterculture movement at Washington Square Park by Saints Peter and Paul Church.
Cruise over to nearby Chinatown, one of the city’s oldest neighborhoods. Along the lantern-lit streets, peer into dim sum houses, admire temples and appreciate souvenirs that dangle from windows and spill over display tables. If you visit in mid-winter, expect to see festive decorations in honor of the Chinese New Year.
From Chinatown, head east toward the waterfront to take in the Bay Bridge, which appears to be dressed in tinsel; it’s actually a light sculpture known as Bay Lights. Continue along the Embarcadero past the Ferry Building to Fisherman’s Wharf for a look at the historic piers and harbors. Enjoy nighttime views of Alcatraz and Fisherman's Wharf before ending your Segway tour at the start point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Tours operate rain, fog or shine
- Check in 15 minutes before start time.
- SEGWAY RIDER REQUIREMENTS:
- All guests must be age 12 or older.
- All guests must weigh between 100-250 lbs or 45-113 kilos.
- NOTE: We have a scale on site and check minimum weights for safety of all of our guests. Underweight guests will not be refunded or rescheduled.
- Riders under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian on the tour.
- No pregnant guests are allowed due to safety reasons.
- This activity is not recommended for some guests that are: ages 70 years and older, have had recent surgeries or have motor skill/control issues.
- Each customer must sign a Liability Waiver.
- Helmets and safety vests are provided and are required.
- All participants must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance
- No high heels, sandals or flip flops.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Professional guide
- Use of Segway, helmet and safety vest
- 20-25 minute training session
- Jackets and gloves available for foggy days /evenings
- Entry/Admission - The Embarcadero
- Entry/Admission - Chinatown
- Entry/Admission - North Beach
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
1 day 1 hour
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the San Francisco Electric Tour Company in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.