1.5 Hour Segway Mini Tour of Golden Gate Park. Glide through the 1,000+ acre Golden Gate Park on this fully narrated Segway tour.Guests will have a blast gliding through five beautiful miles of Golden Gate Park’s landscaped trails and roads visiting hidden sights. The tour explores the east end, including the Music Concourse, Pioneer Grove, and Stow Lake.Tour guides share tidbits and trivia about the Park’s stewards over the years, the impact of WWII on the Japanese Tea Garden, and the story of the park’s historical transformation from bleak sand dunes to today’s lush vista. Mini Tour is 1.5 hours long, including training time.
What You'll Get
After a brief training session on your Segway, you will be off to enjoy an eco-friendly tour of San Francisco's magnificent Golden Gate Park! You will cover more distance than a typical walking tour and have the opportunity to stop for photos along the way. Your tour guide will point out local landmarks such as Stow Lake, the Conservatory of Flowers, the Lawn Bowling Courts, the California Academy of Sciences, the deYoung Museum and Shakespeare Garden.
You will also learn about the history of Golden Gate Park, and how it was transformed in the 1870s from barren sand dunes into the flourishing National Historic Place it is today. Your knowledgeable guide will uncover hidden gems, such as Lily Pond, Storybook Cross, Fern Grotto, an amazing Redwood tree grove, and a pioneer log cabin.
This Segway tour is the perfect way to see, learn about and photograph an urban oasis in the heart of San Francisco!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- SEGWAY RIDER REQUIREMENTS:
- All guests must be age 12 or older.
- All guests must weigh between 100-250 lbs or 45-113 kilos.
- NOTE: We have a scale on site and check minimum weights for safety of all of our guests. Underweight guests will not be refunded or rescheduled.
- Riders under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian on the tour.
- No pregnant guests are allowed due to safety reasons.
- This activity is not recommended for some guests that are: ages 70 years and older, have had recent surgeries or have motor skill/control issues.
- Each customer must sign a Liability Waiver.
- Helmets and safety vests are provided and are required.
- All participants must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance
- No high heels, sandals or flip flops.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- 1.5-hour Segway training and tour (approx.
- Helmet and safety vest - Jackets and gloves available for foggy days
- Food and drinks
1 hour 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the San Francisco Electric Tour Company in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.