When you tour with non-profit Save Our Cemeteries you are helping to preserve and protect the historic cemeteries of New Orleans. Our tours are small (usually under 15 people) and historically accurate. As subjects of France and Spain, free people of color in Louisiana were allowed to prosper before the Louisiana Purchase, unlike those in other parts of America. Most of them who bought vaults and tombs in St. Louis No. 2 were free before the Civil War. Their tombs are each chapters in a fascinating success story. Come hear tales of black poets, writers, and a skilled swordsman/mathematician. Stand at the final resting places of Reconstruction politicians, officers in the Union Army, devout Catholic nuns, and wealthy black planters.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St Louis Cemetery No 2, 300 Claiborne Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112
As subjects of France and Spain, free people of color in Louisiana were allowed to prosper before the Louisiana Purchase, unlike those in other parts of America. Most of them who bought vaults and tombs in St. Louis No. 2 were free before the Civil War.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Terrain is uneven.
- Most travelers can participate
- All tours leave on-time, rain or shine.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the tour begins.
- Tip: DO NOT rely on the streetcars (trolleys) to run on time. You may be late and/or miss the tour.
- Suggested items to bring: bottled water, sunscreen, comfortable shoes, hats, umbrellas (to protect from rain and provide shade).
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Entry/Admission - St Louis Cemetery No 2
Backatown Coffee Parlour, 301 Basin St Suite 1, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
1 hour 30 minutes
Saint Louis Cemetery No. 2, 300 N Claiborne Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Save Our Cemeteries in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.