Experience an easy, short, history-filled walk around Courthouse Square. The walk is wheelchair-friendly, walker-friendly, stroller-friendly, kid-friendly and flat to accomodate easy and simple navigation. The tour is covers one-third mile (0.5 kilometers) and 700 fitness walking steps. It is relatively flat and easy to navigate.
From the 4 corners of the Courthouse square we will discover
1. Issac Schiffman Building
2. Church of Nativity Episcopal
3. Law office of abolitionist James G. Birney
4. Constitution Village
5. First Methodist Church
6. Terry Hutchens Building
7. Madison County Courthouse
8. Cotton Row
9. Commercial Row
10. First National Bank
11. Harrison Brothers Hardware
This is a Easy walk, easy to navigate, wheelchair friendly tour to discover Downtown Huntsville History
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Harrison Brothers Hardware, 124 Southside Sq, Huntsville, AL 35801-4225
Explore the oldest operating hardware store in the state of Alabama
Duration: 3 minutes
Stop At: Alabama Constitution Village, 109 Gates Ave SE, Huntsville, AL 35801-4212
Witness the point where Alabama was signed into the Union as the 22nd State
Pass By: Scenethat Walking Tours, Huntsville, AL
Engaging and Enlightening Tour of the Courthouse Square
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable and cushiony walking shoes are highly recommended.
- Most travelers can participate
- Guests should be aware of uneven sidewalks, cobblestone pathways, brick pathways and gravel streets.
- Ocassionally and unexpectedly a train will pass causing loud noises for brief moments.
- Comfortable walking shoes advised. Expect uneven sidewalks, brick pavement
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Parking Fees
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Scenethat Walking Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.