Maine sunsets are best appreciated from the water aboard the romantic Appledore II! This tall ship is limited to 49 passengers for an intimate sailing experience. She is a modern windjammer with luxurious accommodations and plenty of seating. The wide decks allow you to walk around with ease and take in all of the gorgeous sunset views.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Camden Harbor Park and Amphitheatre, 55 Main St, Camden, ME 04843-1723
Your sunset sailing cruise departs from Bayview Landing, at the heart of Camden Harbor. Mariners consider Camden Harbor one of the most beautiful harbors in New England, framed by the mountains greeting the sea. Feel the sense of adventure as the crew hoists the sails. Participate in this age-old tradition by joining in and help raise the sails. Take a turn at the wheel and feel the exhilaration of captaining a traditional wooden ship.
Stop At: Schooner Appledore II Windjammer Cruise, 18 Bayview Landing Next to Camden Town Landing / I waterside of Peter Otts Restaurant, Camden, ME 04843-2249
The Appledore II was hand-built in 1978 at the Gamage Shipyard in Maine in the finest shipbuilding tradition. She proved her seaworthiness by circumnavigating the globe. She continues to sail a 2,000 mile ocean voyage twice a year between her summer home of Camden, Maine and winter home of tropical Key West, Florida.
Stop At: Curtis Island Light, 1 Beacon Ave, Camden, ME 04843-2205
Your Downeast Maine boat tour takes you past Curtis Island Light, helping navigate seafarers since 1836, and into Penobscot Bay. As we sail along the rugged coastline, take in the majestic mountains, only one of two places along the Atlantic seaboard where the mountains drop off into the ocean. With the painted sky as your exquisite backdrop, gaze at the magnificent mansions, historic inns and elegant yachts. Watch for porpoises, eagles and ospreys. Along the jagged rocks, look for seals and shorebirds, including guillernots, cousins to puffins.
Stop At: Mount Battie, Camden Hills State Park 280 Belfast Road, Camden, ME 04843
Quench your thirst with cocktails, beer, wine and soft drinks, all available for purchase during your sailing cruise.
Gather close to your loved ones as the fiery sun sets over Mount Battie and toast the end of an amazing day. Against the darkened sky, the blink of the Curtis Island Light guides us back home to Camden Harbor.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 49 travelers
- Sunset cruise
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuity (optional)
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Schooner Exploration Associates of Maine in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.