There are few experiences in the world that match swimming alongside the largest fish in the sea – especially when that fish is a shark! A whale shark! The waters around Cancun are known for the whale shark population from June till mid September. During this tour you will have a possibility to swim with the world’s largest fish while looking out for dolphins, manta rates and turtles under the direction of an expert guide.
What You'll Get
After pick up from your hotel in Riviera Maya or Cancun, you will head a doc in Cancun (in front of RIU Peninsula Hotel), from where the tour will start on board a comfortable boat. The captain will navigate to the area of Mar Azul close to Isla de Mujeres and Aguas Verdes close to Holbox Island, where whale sharks normally come to eat. You will move around this area and observe the water in order to spot the whale shark. Once you spot it, you will jump to the water to snorkel alongside the fascinating fish.
Glide resplendently beside the incredible creatures, watching them feast upon microscopic plankton while enjoying the tropical temperatures of the Yucatan’s water.
After returning to the boat you will head to the North Beach of Isla de Mujeres (without disembark), where boat will stop to give you some free time for relax in the water and to have lunch on the boat with local delicacies Ceviche, which is fresh fish or shrimp cooked with lemon. There will be also baguette with turkey breast or vegetarian one.
During the last 30 minutes of the boat ride from Isla Mujeres to Cancun, you can sit in the shade and enjoy unique panorama of Yucatan Peninsula. After reaching Cancun you will be dropped off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Bathing Suit;
- Bio Mosquito Repellent.
- Bio Sunblock
- Bio Sunblock;
- Comfy shoes;
- It’s not allowed touching Whale Sharks during the activity.
- Minimum age is 5 years
- OPTIONAL AVAILABLE MERCHANDISE
- Sun Glasses
- Use Bio Sunblock BEFORE any aquatic activity;
- Whale Shark season is from June untill Mid September
- You have to provide to supplier details of your accommodation (hotel name and address)
- You will be contacted by supplier and informed about exact pick up time (depends on the location of your hotel).
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- 07: 30hrs. Departure to whale shark sighting area from Punta Sam dock.
- 08: 45hrs to 11:45 hrs. Whale shark sighting.
- 12: 00hrs Arrival at Playa Norte for free time and Lunch aboard
- 12:45 hrs. Return to Punta Sam Pier.
- 13: 00hrs and 16: 00hrs End of the tour, arrival at Punta Sam dock.
- ARRIVAL. Welcome with coffee, juice and sweet bread (Margarita Cake) and Lunch Box in our facilities (water, orange juice, coffee, banana and energy bar)
- Basic Snorkel Equipment
- Beverages (water, soda)
- Certified guides
- Comfortable boat
- Land Shuttle from CUN & PDC
- Life Vest
- Lunch Box
- The schedule is approximate
- Total duration: 6-7 hours approximate
- Turkey Sandwich and Cebiche
- Welcome with Coffee, juice and sweet bread (Margarita Cake)
- This service requires payment at the dock of $ 10.00 USD (U.S. dollars) per person prior to boarding, payable in cash for use of marine natural elements (Art. 198 of the Act Federal rights)
Hotels in Playacar, Playa del Carmen Town and North/South Riviera Maya and Cancun
PICK UP’s PICK UP’S PLAYA / RIVIERA MAYA
Hotel Lupita: 06.20am Yucatán: 06:30am Tequila: 06:40am Palace: 06:40am Playacar: 06:40am Riviera: 06:50am PICK UPS CANCÚN
Riu Cancun: 07:50am
Riu Las Americas: 07:50am
Riu Caribe: 08:00am
The embarkation of the RIU Dunamar Dock will be at 08.30am.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.