At Scuba Libre our goal is to show all of our dive guests just how beautiful and majestic bull sharks are. Therefore cultivating shark tourism in the region is the best way to protect bull sharks because it makes them valuable to the local communities. Nobody wants to see bull sharks being fished and killed in Playa del Carmen. So join us on one of our daily shark dives and experience the magic for yourself.
About This Deal
Playa del Carmen is one of the few places in the world where you can dive with the Bull sharks. The best time to see the Carcharhinus leucas (bull sharks) is from November to March, when a number of pregnant females appears around Playa del Carmen before heading off to secret birthing spot to give birth.
The meeting time is at 14.30. Once carried out the paperworks and checked the diving equipment, a detailed briefing of safety and logistic procedures precede the dive.
We'll board few steps from the shop and 5 minutes later we'll be on the site. A quick descent on a 24 mt (72 ft) sandy bottom where all the divers will line up in front of the feeder. There is a line which divers can hold on to if they wish. Once the feeder is in position it usually only takes few minutes before the sharks show up.
A square profile for a 35 minutes dive in which you'll be able to observe the beauty of these animals while they swim around you: it might surprise you to know that bull sharks are actually quite shy.
Diving with Bull sharks in Playa del Carmen means actively participating in the project SAVING OUR SHARKS, which also takes care of its protection by avoiding fishing.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- EVIDENCE of a valid dive certification is required for all divers wishing to participate at the tours
- NOTE: If you would like to depart from Sandos Hotel, there is a 12 USD boarding fee
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Tanks and weights
- Dive guide
- Fill rental equipment with dive computer 20 usd
- Saving Our Shark fee 5 usd
- CONAMP Marine protected area fee 2 usd
Scuba Libre Scuba Diving Playa del Carmen Riviera Maya, Calle 4 Norte Mz. 3 Entre 5ta avenida y la playa, Centro, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the SCUBA LIBRE in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.