What You'll Get
Pods of potentially hundreds of Hawaiian spinner dolphins can be found off of the Kona Coast regularly. They live up to their name by jumping on every side of the boat, criss-crossing across the bow, surfing in the wake and putting on a show you won’t soon forget. Observe the dolphins in their natural habitat and, if the conditions are right, join them in the inviting waters of the Pacific Ocean and have the experience of a lifetime. Then when we and the dolphins part ways, we’ll go snorkel a pristine coral reef rich with marine abundance. You get the best of both worlds- the delight of a morning with the dolphins and the amazing underwater ecosystem that is a young reef off of the Big Island of Hawaii.
• Swim With Wild Dolphins
• Snorkel Kealakekua Bay*
• Tropical Snacks, Juices, & Water
• Deli Lunch
• Five Hour Tour
• Shade Available
• Small Groups With Personal Attention
• Ages 10+
• Check In: 8 AM
• Departs: 8:15 AM
• Returns 1:15 PM
• Restrictions: We cannot accept any participants with back or neck problems and pregnant women.
Note: This tour snorkels in unprotected, open ocean waters and is not appropriate for non-swimmers or first time snorkelers.
Swimming with wild spinner dolphins is a bucket list experience that must be built on mutual respect and freedom of choice. It is important that we respect their need for rest, which they typically do in the late morning to early afternoon. That is why we only operate this particular tour in the early morning hours.
*The Kona Coast of the Big Island has the some of the calmest water in the state of Hawaii; however, a portion of this tour snorkels in open, unprotected ocean waters. As such, you should not participate in this tour if you do not have at least rudimentary swimming skills, are uncomfortable in the water, or have never snorkeled before. Also, due to the high speed raft ride, we cannot accept anyone with back or neck problems or pregnant women. You must also be able to climb a ladder to return to the boat. Finally, it is our goal to snorkel at Kealakekua Bay after swimming with dolphins; however, due to the unpredictable location of wild dolphins, we may need to substitute an alternate site for the coral reef snorkel. Basically, it’s up to the dolphins!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Remember to bring: towel, sunglasses, sunscreen, cover-up and hat
- Minimum age is 10 years
- A moderate amount of swimming is involved
- Not recommended for first time snorkelers and non-swimmers
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Snorkel gear
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Sea Quest Hawaii in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.