See the best of Waikiki and Diamond Head, and experience it all in an exhilarating way on a Segway tour! On your own Segway Personal Transporter, you can enjoy some of Oahu’s most popular sights and attractions at a much quicker pace, but still get the relaxed atmosphere of a walking tour. Zip down the streets of Waikiki and see Waikiki Beach, Kapiolani Park and Diamond Head Lighthouse. Your guide will stop at the key landmarks and provide commentary, and you’ll have many opportunities to take pictures.
What You'll Get
Begin your Segway adventure on one of Waikiki’s most stunning beaches – Kahanamoku Beach! Before you get started, each guest will receive individual training by professional Segway guides so you can effortlessly and safely navigate your Segway Personal Transporter. Riding a Segway is similar to getting on an escalator at a department store - it's slightly wobbly the first time you step onboard, but you can easily learn to navigate the Segway!
When you’re comfortable on your Segway, you’ll start your journey. Glide past the renowned Waikiki Beach, and enjoy the scenic views of the clear blue water and glorious sunshine. Continue zipping along Kalakaua Avenue, where you’ll see Waikiki’s famous resorts – The Royal Hawaiian Hotel and the Moana Surfrider.
As you continue traveling down the streets of Waikiki, you’ll see the Duke Kahanamoku Statue, the Waikiki Aquarium, the Natatorium and the beautiful banyan trees in Kapiolani Park, located at the bottom of Diamond Head volcano. Your guide will stop for approximately 3-5 minutes at each location, offering pertinent information about Waikiki and its surroundings.
Go down Diamond Head Road and zip past the million-dollar homes, and then head towards the historic Diamond Head Lighthouse and the Amelia Earhart lookout. Arrive at the second lookout point, where you’ll enjoy magnificent views of Koko Head Crater and see Molokai Island and the Leeward Coast of Oahu in the distance. Step off your Segway, take in the fantastic views and learn about the area from your guide.
Then, take the coastal route back to Waikiki, and feel free to ask your guide to make stops along the way to take pictures or get additional information about key landmarks. The Segway allows you to see so much more than you would on a walking tour, but still enjoy the fresh air and sunshine as you travel, unlike you would on a bus. It’s the perfect way to sightsee!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended that guests wear comfortable shoes (flip flops or sneakers), light-casual clothes, sunglasses, and sunscreen. Bring a bottle of water and a camera, because you’ll have many stops at scenic points to take photos
- Minimum age to ride Segway is 10
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum weight requirement is 75 lbs / 36 kilos.
- Maximum weight requirement is 280 lbs / 136 kilos.
- Please provide your in-destination contact info (cell phone #) or hotel information in the special requirements field at check-out. This information is mandatory in the event of weather cancellations or late arrivals.
- Segway tour led by knowledgeable guide
- Safety helmets
- Small pouch on front of all Segway Personal Transporters can hold your small bag or backpack
- Bottled water
- Food and drinks, unless specified
All tours end at the starting point/training area near the beach.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Segway of Hawaii - Waikiki in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.