Go on a beautiful 15-minute helicopter tour outside of Seward, AK before landing at the toe of a nearby glacier. This is a perfect introduction to the incredible scenery just outside of Seward, Alaska. On this tour you will have the opportunity to see several different glaciers, including Godwin Glacier and to see the beautiful blue glacier ice.
About This Deal
Nothing says Alaska quite like glaciers! Come experience the wonder of nature on our 30 minute glacier landing scenic flight and landing. You will travel through a spellbinding glacier filled valley on the way to your landing where you will have the opportunity to get out at the toe of the glacier, take pictures, and touch glacier ice!
Your tour begins in our office where we will get you properly outfitted for your excursion. We have boots, rain jackets, and even gloves for you to borrow. After you are geared up, it’s time to talk about safety! We pride ourselves on our excellent safety record – and were featured by the Alaskan Division of OSHA for our attentiveness to detail. All our passengers learn about how to safely enter and exit our helicopters as well as the key safety features on board.
We primarily fly Robinson 44 helicopters which have room for three passengers as well as a small back pack or handbag. This means that everyone gets a window seat! If you are part of a larger group, don’t worry! We have multiple helicopters on site and are experts at working with large families and tour groups. We often take large families on this excursion because it is a great opportunity for family photos and to create that one-of-a-kind Alaskan holiday card.
Then, it’s time for take off. If you’ve never flown in a helicopter, you will be amazed by the smoothness of the ride. Helicopters are far more comfortable than planes and our pilots have pin-point precision as to where they can fly.
Taking off from the airport, you will fly over a beautiful braided river towards Godwin Glacier. As you fly over the bay look for otters and whales.Sometimes, we will see bears and moose in this area. Godwin glacier will astound you — but that’s not where our journey ends. You’ll get to see the toe of Godwin Glacier before we turn into a mountain valley where you will fly by 3 glaciers: Porcupine Glacier, Snake-Tongue Glacier, and Hawk’s Glacier.
This beautiful valley is a great place for family photos. The helicopter will land near the base of one of these three glaciers based on weather, group size, and your preference. When the helicopter lands, our pilots or guides will help snap some photos of you as explore the toe. Pose in front of glacier ice or make a snowball and enjoy the scenic vistas in front of you.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Due to comfort and weight/balance of the aircraft, weight restrictions apply
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Amazing Photo Opportunities
- See Glacier from the Air
- Amazing 30-minute experience
- 15 Minutes of Scenic flight time
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Seward Helicopter Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.