WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE WICKER PARK FOOD TOUR
Five delectable food tastings - On this guided 3 hour food tour of Wicker Park, we'll visit 5 uniquely different mom-and-pop shops, ethnic eateries and restaurants. Engage your sense of taste at President Obama's favorite fried chicken place in Chicago! Nosh on the most delectable meatball slider and a heavenly fish or pork taco that will blow your mind. All food tastings are included in the price. See all food tastings below.
Experience the history, architecture and culture of Wicker Park. Between plentiful food tastings, your knowledgeable guide will provide you with an insider's look into how the foods are made at these ethnic eateries and trendy restaurants. Your guide will point out interesting architectural flourishes and parks and discuss the history of the neighborhood and the ethnic groups that influenced the scrumptious foods you'll be savoring.
What You'll Get
The Wicker Park Food Tour starts at 11am and meets at 1601 North Milwaukee Blvd (outside in front of Walgreens, former Noel State Bank)
• When: Sundays April through November
• Time: Tour start time is 11:00 AM. Please arrive 10 minutes early to meet up with your guide.
• Duration: Approximately 3 hours
• Where: meets at 1601 North Milwaukee Blvd (outside in front of Walgreens, former Noel State Bank)
• Weather: Tour takes place rain or shine. We will reschedule due to extremely inclement weather.
• Dress: Casual dress. We recommend wearing comfortable shoes.
• Food: On this tour we will be doing 5 food tastings at different food establishments. Most people find it is enough for lunch.
• Included: All 5 tastings (enough for lunch), and our fun and knowledgeable tour guide's discussion of the history, culture, and architecture of this vibrant neighborhood.
A Food Tour for Locals and Tourists alike: Our Wicker Park Food Tasting & Cultural Walking Tour is perfect for native Chicagoans and tourists alike. We guide you to the best hidden gourmet gems and off-the-beaten path spots ideal for improving your palate and learning the tricks of the trade from local artisans. Our walking tours are given at a leisurely pace and are appropriate for all ages. Join us on an eating extravaganza of Wicker Park, and we promise you'll go home with a full belly and a deeper appreciation for what goes into the local foods we eat.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough customer (4+) to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
1601 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60647, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Sidewalk Food Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.