What You'll Get
Experience the history, architecture and culture of the oldest Chinatown in North America and the largest Chinese community outside Asia. Between food tastings your knowledgeable and friendly food tour guide will discuss the story of the Chinese immigrants' arrival to San Francisco, the hidden alleys, The Tong Wars, the pagoda style Buddhist Temples and so much more. Learn about San Francisco’s Chinatown through its food, culture and people.
Flavorful food specialties are served from 5 of the following places (subject to change):
- New Hollywood Bakery & Restaurant: Our favorite light and buttery buns filled with barbecue-flavored cha siu pork (est. 1991)
- Grant Place: Local favorite known for Hong Kong style dim sum and Chinese specialties
- Z&Y Restaurant: Chef Han has grown in reputation by preparing food for presidents and foreign ministers of the People’s Republic of China (est.2008)
- Imperial Palace: Beijing Peking Duck cut up in front of you with thin, crispy skin, succulent pieces of meat and sweet bean sauce spread on pancakes (est.1967)
- AA Bakery & Café: Freshly made, out of the oven, Hong Kong style egg tarts cooked to a smooth flan-like perfection with a buttery flakey crust (est.2002)
- House of Nanking: Peter Fang opened this Shanghainese restaurant with a single-burner in 1988 and it’s grown into a Chinatown staple with lines out the door (est. 1988)
- Hunan Home’s Restaurant: Has won numerous awards including the Golden Award for the “Best Bay Area Chinese Restaurant” in the Chinese World Journal (est. 1983)
- R&G Lounge: Michelin Guide recommended traditional Cantonese style cuisine (est. 1985)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of two people per booking is required
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Walking tour
- City map
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
The Chinatown food tour meets at 1066 Grant Ave (outside in front of The East/West Bank)
Saturday and Sunday at 10am
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Sidewalks of NY Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
ALL SALES FINAL. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply. See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.