Experience and explore the Sleeping Bear Dunes & Northern Michigan like never before. We supply all the gear, do the driving, and even feed you twice! Your group will have an adventure that you’ll always remember.
This adventure takes you biking, kayaking, and stand-up paddle boarding through the most iconic stretches of M-22 and the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lake-shore.
Be ready with your gear and a good breakfast. We are going to be on the move the entire day!
What to Expect:
- 4 stops at different locations
- Quick orientation to review terms and waiver
- Games and local trivia on the bus ride!
- Lots of driving (In total about 1.5-2 hours)
- There is no alcohol permitted throughout the tour, until we get to Hop Lot
What to Bring:
- Change of clothes for HopLot
- Water container for refills
- Phone charger
- Food (if you are a hungry person)
- Rain gear (for bad weather)
- Waterproof Camera
- Land/Water Shoes
About This Deal
- After loading up in Traverse City, we will drive 30 minutes West to Empire, MI to start our first adventure. We will Kayak 3.5 miles north along the Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes from Esch Beach to Empire Beach in Downtown Empire. Then we will enjoy lunch on the bench.
Duration: 1.5-2 hrs
- From downtown, you'll bike toward the Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail, and enjoy 10-11 miles of beautiful terrain towards the base of the Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes (Dune Climb). Don’t worry, there will be numerous rest stops, and picture locations along the way!
Duration: 1.5-2 hrs
- Your guide will lead you to Little Glen Lake, where you will pick up your 11’ 6’’ Atoll Paddle Boards. You will then paddle 2 miles through crystal clear waters with the famous Sleeping Bear Dune Climb as your backdrop ending the paddle on the east side of the lake.
Duration: 30 mins
- Finally, we will travel north on on M-22, for a stop at Hop Lot Brewing Co in Sutton’s Bay, MI to grab dinner and drinks! You will get one free dinner token on us. As we wind down, we will discuss the highlights of the adventures over dinner and drinks, while enjoying an outdoor bonfire, and sometimes live music!
Duration: 1.25 hrs
• Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, 9922 W Front St, Empire, MI 49630-9417
• Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail, Forest Haven Dr., Glen Arbor, MI
• Sleeping Bear Dunes, 6748 S Dune Hwy, Empire, MI 49630-9446
• Hop Lot Brewing Company, 658 S West Bay Shore Dr, Suttons Bay, MI 49682-9587
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Lunch - After booking, you can customize your lunch and sides!
- Dinner - Complimentary drink token for dinner at Hop Lot Brewing
- Kayak & Life Vest
- Specialized Mountain Bike & Helmet
- 11'6" Atoll Paddle Board & Life Vest
- Water & Pop included with lunch
- Alcoholic Beverages - No alcohol of any kind is allowed throughout the trip. You may purchase drinks once we get to Hop Lot Brewing for Dinner
Traveler pickup is offered
Please meet at Grand Traverse Commons Power Plant Bus Stop
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Sleeping Bear Adventure Tour Co. in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.