From Greenwich Village to Alphabet City, we’ll visit the locations of some of the many protests, strikes, and riots that have rocked New York City. Looking at their causes, tactics, immediate aftermath, and long-term effectiveness, we’ll consider how publicly disrupting the civil order had succeeded or failed to achieve desired political ends, and what the broader consequences on the city’s racial and economic dynamics have been.
Themes Covered: Racism, Labor Movement, Class Conflict, Anti-War Movement, Gentrification, Police Violence, Use of Public Space
Sites Covered: Little Africa, Washington Square, NYU, Astor Place, Cooper Union, Tompkins Square
10% of ticket sales will be donated to Unicorn Riot.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tompkins Square Park, From 7th To 10th Streets Between Avenues A and B, New York City, NY 10009
This is where tompkins square riots happened.
Duration: 20 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
Tompkins Square Park, E 10th St, New York, NY 10009, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Social Justice Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.