What You'll Get
The Witches of Williamsburg Tour takes you to the darker end of town, where you will walk down hauntingly quiet and eerie streets. Hear of the many witch trials in Virginia, beginning in 1626. Learn of the strange and frightening ways they tested for witchcraft. Who exactly ate those witches cakes made of urine and rye meal? On your way to the old jail, listen carefully for the creeks of the Wagon of Death, over on old Nicholson Street. Could the Wagon be coming for criminals housed in the jail?
The gallows are just down the road a bit, where cheering crowds are awaiting the gruesome hanging. Follow your guide to the very haunted Booker Tenement, and the Jones family graveyard, where young Ida is often seen hovering over the graves. Stories of Blackbeard and his headless body, conspiracy at the Raleigh Tavern, ghosts, 18th century trivia, add to the dark secrets of this town.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professionally Guided Walking tour
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Spooks and Legends Haunted Tours, LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.