This wilderness whitewater run offers some of the best-advanced whitewater in the state. Rapids start out from the get-go, as boats soar over the beautifully quartz-lined river bed. Within the first mile and a half, you’ll run one of the biggest rapids of the day, the legendary “Tunnel Chute”. In 1889 gold miners blasted out this chute and tunnel in order to mine the pre-existing river bed. This rapid makes this advanced run a trip you’ll never forget. Halfway through, the river slows down creating perfect opportunities to swim, play games, and absorb the warm summer sun as your guides fix a gourmet lunch on a sandy beach. The trip ends with more high adventure rapids as the river gradient steepens for an exciting finish. Steep drops await, technical boat maneuvering is a must, as you and your crew jet through the rapids. Don’t hesitate to come on this classic California whitewater adventure. You’ll be glad you did.
- If looking for an exciting wilderness experience look no further!
Groupon Customer Reviews
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Middle Fork American River, California
This wilderness 17 mile run offers some of the best summer long advanced whitewater in the state. Rapids start out from the get go with a fast splashy rapid called “Good Morning”. Rapids continue as the boats soar over the beautifully lined river bed filled with white quartz veins slicing through grey granite and dark limestone. Within the first mile and a half of the trip you’ll run one of the biggest rapids of the day, the legendary “Tunnel Chute”. In 1889 gold miners blasted out this chute and tunnel in order to mine the pre-existing river bed. Halfway through the trip, the river slows down creating perfect opportunities to swim, play games, and absorb the warm summer sun as your guides fix a gourmet lunch. This high adventure trip is catered to guests looking for a little more action. Due to the nature of the trip, children must be 13 years old and strong swimmers to participate. Don’t hesitate to come on this classic California whitewater adventure. You’ll be glad you did.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Auburn, Auburn, Placer County, California
Our trip begins in the historic gold rush town of Auburn. Many shops, restaurants, and attractions are within walking distance of our meeting location. Auburn offers a perfect location to grab food and supllies before and after our rafting adventure.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Ruck-a-chucky Falls, Foresthill, CA 95631, USA
Towards the end of the rafting adventure, we experience a truly unique geological rock formation in the river. A massive granite shelf cutting through the river forms a rock dam, holding up the river. The guides assist you in walking around this formation, while also maneuvering the boats through.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: American River, California
This river is a one-of-a-kind river, littered with California Gold Rush history!
Duration: 5 hours
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 8 people is required for us to run the trip. If your group is smaller than that size we will need to add you to another group to meet our minimum required number.
- If members of your group weight 250lbs or more please call our to discuss booking
- 13 years and older
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- What to wear:
- We ask that all guests dress to get wet! We recommend beach apparel: bathing suit, t-shirt, shorts. Quick drying, non-cotton clothes are preferred. You need to wear shoes that securely strap or tie to your feet: tennis shoes, water shoes, or river sandals (NO flip flops).
- During Spring, Fall, or cold weather trips we may provide wet suits and splash gear. Its recommended for you to also bring along a warm layer. Fleece, polypropylene, wool, and Under Armor are all good options.
- Open the link below for Trip Planning:
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Price includes PFD, helmet, lunch and transportation from meeting place.
- Wetsuits and Splash jackets when needed
- Price does not include any photography offered by 3rd parties.
Raley's, 13384 Lincoln Way, Auburn, CA 95603, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tahoe Whitewater Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts. Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings