This approximately 1.5 hour long tasting tour provides you with 8 to 10 samples from 8 of Portland's best food carts!
Taste Portland Tours has eaten at just about every food cart downtown to select 8 of the very best that are pushing the envelope of what delicious can be. Our expert local guides provide an entertaining insider’s view into the culture and story behind each food cart, tying it together with the wonderful tastings we enjoy. In fact, we often refer to the largest Food Cart Pod as “The United Nations” because it looks like a little UN meeting with snacks before the meeting! Together we’ll visit the cuisines of Colombia, China, Mexico, Italy, Vietnam, Germany, Korea, Syria, France, and one little tiny island, Mauritius. And we made special deals with all of the owners so you get to skip the lines, too.
We cannot accommodate people with extreme food allergies, like gluten allergy.
What You'll Get
You'll meet your Taste Portland Tours guide at the entrance of Pine St Market at 1:30pm
Next you'll depart on foot, walking 1 block to the 1st food cart pod to sample two different food carts there, one Colombian and one French.
After that, at approximately 2pm you'll head 1 block over to the 2nd food cart pod to have 2 samples, one Chinese and one Mexican.
Then we'll head 3 blocks over to SW 5th Avenue to the 3rd distinct food cart pod to have 2 samples, one African and one Korean.
Next up we'll do a bit of history while we digest, stopping into the lobby of a beautiful hotel named after it's founder around the turn of the 20th century. As we walk your guide will also point out some of Portland's best cafes and restaurants.
Finally, around 2:40pm we'll arrive at the 4th food cart pod on our tour, the biggest in Portland, with over 30 different food carts assembled on a block and a half of real estate. At this final sample the cuisines of Italy, Germany, Vietnam and Syria.
The tour will end around 3 or 3:15pm
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking (i.e. does not eat pork, does not eat beef.)
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- We cannot accommodate food allergies such as gluten allergy or any other allergy that would make a person ill. Please do not book with us if you or a member of your party has an extreme food allergy. Thank you!
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Food tasting
- Light refreshments
West side of Pine Street Market next to orange bicycles.
1 hour 30 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Taste Portland Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.