Hungry for an off the beaten path Minneapolis food experience? Join us as we explore one of the city's trendy and historical neighborhoods, the Mill District and St. Anthony on Main in Northeast Minneapolis. You'll enjoy sampling food at the first Thai restaurant in Minnesota, home-made gelato, and drinking locally-brewed craft beer. A highlight for many is a fried food that is universally loved in Minnesota.
In addition to sampling food, we will also stroll by the local Farmers Market, Mill City Museum and Guthrie Theater. You'll enjoy gorgeous views of St. Anthony Falls as we walk along the Stone Arch Bridge into historical St. Anthony on Main. You'll learn about the history of both of these neighborhoods while touring the oldest street in Minneapolis. You'll taste and chat with other food-loving guests, and leave the tour with an appreciation for these distinct neighborhoods that most tourists never see!
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gold Medal Park, Second Street and 11th Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN
Your food tour along the river in Minneapolis starts at Gold Medal Park, where you'll meet your guide.
You'll be introduced to a variety of culinary highlights in the city as you sample dishes at the first Thai restaurant in Minnesota, drink regionally brewed craft beer along the oldest street in Minneapolis, and enjoy a local favorite—cheese curds. Taste pasta at an eatery in the historical Chase building, sample homemade gelato, and nosh on savory European-style baked bread as your stroll through the farmers' market.
Stop At: Mill City Museum, 704 S 2nd St, Minneapolis, MN 55401-2163
In addition to food tastings, you'll also visit the Mill City Museum
Stop At: St. Anthony Falls, West River Road and Portland Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55414
Stroll by the Guthrie, and admire views of St. Anthony Falls as you cross the Mississippi River on the Stone Arch Bridge into historical St. Anthony on Main. Learn about the history of both these neighborhoods, and enjoy chatting with other food-loving participants. By the end of the tour, you'll have an appreciation for these distinct districts that some visitors never see.
Example tasting menu (subject to change):
• Unique mouth watering pasta with an amazing atmosphere
• You haven't been to Minnesota until you've tried the Cheese Curds!
• Dessert from a local chef Nominated for the James Beard award and featured on many baking TV shows
• Authentic fresh Thai spring roll from the first Thai restaurant in Minnesota
• Variety of Minnesota brewed craft beers (non-alcoholic tastings available)
• Delicious and most popular Thai dish, you better eat it all, you don't want to enrage the "God of Rice"
• Gelato that is sure to please your taste buds
• Gooey cheese-bread made from a local bakery
• Award winning coffee including local favorite Noreast Mud (only in private tours)
Please note: Some tastings are only available on specific tour dates. Market is closed for Thursday tours. Tastings subject to change without notice. Most dietary restrictions can be accommodated. The Mill City Museum is closed on Thursday evenings.
Stop At: Minneapolis Stone Arch Bridge, 100 Portland Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55401, USA
Walk along the Stone Arch Bridge into historical St. Anthony on Main
Pass By: Guthrie Theater, 818 S 2nd St, Minneapolis, MN 55415-1252
In addition to sampling food, we will also stroll by the local Farmers Market, Mill City Museum and Guthrie Theater
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour involves a moderate amount of walking
- Please specify any dietary restrictions in the Special Requirements field at time of booking
- * This tour can provide an alternative menu for the following food allergies or food choices IF requested at least 24 hours before the tour: nut-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, shellfish-free, pork-free, vegetarian or vegan.
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years. Photo ID required
- All travelers will be required to sign a Liability Waiver before the start of the tour
- Wheelchair accessible, please advice at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Enjoy food at the first Thai restaurant in Minnesota, home-made gelato, and local brewed beer
- You'll visit the Mill City Museum, stroll by the Guthrie, enjoy gorgeous views of St. Anthony Falls
- Lunch food tasting
- Professional local guide
- Small group tour that includes all taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Mill City Museum
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Northeast Minneapolis, Minneapolis, MN, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Taste Twin Cities in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.