This in-depth, two hour walking tour is devoted to to exploring the significant locations in the historic French Quarter which were featured in the popular cult TV series, American Horror Story - Coven. Your experienced and knowledgeable tour guide will explain the historical overlaps between the characters depicted in the show and true stories of their real life namesakes. You will learn about the evil murderer Madame LaLaurie and visit the place where her body was exhumed. You'll also visit the site where the Voodoo Queen, Marie Laveau, once lived. In addition to learning the rich history of these real life characters and visiting important landmarks from the show and their real lives, you will be taken through St. Louis Cemetery #1 and visit Marie Laveau and Madame LaLaurie tombs as well as Nick Cage’s pyramid tomb. On this tour, you'll walk in the footsteps of Fiona, Marie Laveau, Madame LaLaurie, and the witches.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
On this 2 hour tour you will see the location where they dug up Madam LaLaurie. You’ll also see where the witches walk across the street and you will re-create this scene. You will see the house they did the interior filming for the LaLaurie Mansion. (Tour does not go inside building.)
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: St. Louis Cemetery No. 1, 425 Basin St 3421 Esplanade Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112-3535
The tour will visit St Louis Cemetery No. 1 to see 3 tombs: Marie Laveau, the 2nd most visited tomb in the US, Nick Cage's pyramid tomb, and Madame Lalaurie’s tomb.
Stop At: Congo Square, 701 N Rampart St Entrance at the Corner of N. Rampart and Saint Peter Streets, New Orleans, LA 70116-3085
You'll make a short visit for Congo Square.
Stop At: Lalaurie Mansion, 1140 Royal St, New Orleans, LA 70116-2706
You will see the site where Marie Laveau once lived and make a short stop to talk about voodoo before the final stop at LaLaurie Mansion.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Professional/local guide
- Entry fee to St. Louis Cemetery 1 to see Marie Laveau's, Madam LaLaurie's and Nick Cage’s tombs.
- Entry/Admission - St. Louis Cemetery No. 1
- Entry/Admission - Congo Square
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Lalaurie Mansion
415 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
The LaLaurie Mansion, 1140 Royal St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Film Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.