Called "A Gem of the East Bay," and voted "Best Botanical Garden" by Sunset Magazine (2019), a visit to the Ruth Bancroft Garden offers visitors an opportunity to see cacti, succulents, California natives and other rare and unusual drought tolerant plant species from around the world. The Garden features many large, mature plant specimens, originally planted by founder, Ruth Bancroft, that are not often seen in other dry gardens, making for a unique visitor experience all seasons of the year.
About This Deal
Visit: The Ruth Bancroft Garden, 1552 Bancroft Rd, Walnut Creek, CA 94598-2361
Discover this world-renowned 3.5-acre garden, housing a large and unique collection of succulents, cacti and drought-tolerant plants from around the world. Beautiful in every season. The Garden’s founder, Ruth Bancroft, lived to be 109 and was a pioneer in drought-tolerant gardening. Looking for a fun and relaxing outing with family and friends, garden inspiration, or a great place to picnic, take photos, paint or bring the dog, the Garden is the perfect choice. Bring your lunch along and make it a picnic! Free parking.
Note: The Garden is handicapped accessible, but the pathways are gravel not paved. There is seating scattered throughout the Garden including wooden benches and chairs and several sets of café tables. No food is sold on-site.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Dogs on leash welcome
- Most travelers can participate
- Picnics welcome but no food is sold on site.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Visitors are always welcome to freely browse and shop in our retail plant nursery
- Free docent led tours. Check Garden's website for schedule.
- Self Guided Tour Book
- Children 12 and under are Free
- Dogs on lease are welcome
- Entry/Admission - The Ruth Bancroft Garden
The Ruth Bancroft Garden, 1552 Bancroft Rd, Walnut Creek, CA 94598-2361
10/18/2019 - 5/22/2022
|Tuesday - Sunday:||10:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
1 to 2 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the The Ruth Bancroft Garden in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.