The Garden District survives as a showcase of magnificent houses and gardens. Hear the stories of the cotton brokers and commission merchants who made their home in the Garden District. One Of The Most Unique Neighborhoods In All America: The Garden District became a fashionable enclave of New Orleans’ most successful American citizens, and moving “Uptown” to the prestigious Garden District was considered the culmination of one’s achievements. Please Note: The City of New Orleans has closed Lafayette Cemetery #1 for repairs and will not reopen until the Spring of 2020. While the Cemetery is closed The Savvy Native has expanded its Garden District Tour to include historical sites not normally included in our 2 hour tour.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Garden District, St Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130-5968
13 blocks wide and 5 blocks deep, from Magazine Street to St. Charles Ave., and Jackson Ave. To Louisiana Ave. - 2 miles upriver from the French Quarter and a half mile back from the Mississippi River; Established 1832.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Bring water, throw on a hat, wear comfortable shoes, and protect yourself from the rain.
- Tours Rain or Shine. Can’t be held responsible for missed tours, no shows, and late arrivals - its New Orleans, it happens. Tours start as scheduled. Please plan on arriving 15 minutes prior to the start of your tour.
- Near public transportation
- We are volunteer tour guides for the Friends Of The Cabildo & The Louisiana State Museum. We are members of the Tour Guide Association of Greater New Orleans, New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau & Save Our Cemeteries. We are registered tour operators for St. Louis Cemetery #1.
- Most travelers can participate
- No pets
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- Walking tour
- Licensed professional guide
2020 St Charles Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Lafayette Cemetery No. 1, 1427 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the The Savvy Native in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.