What You'll Get
Hamilton is alive and well in New York. Our tour incorporates all the locations from the musical in lower Manhattan as well as additional historical sites to present a complete image of Hamilton and his influence in the Founding of America. Your guide will take you to where Alexander Hamilton drilled with NY militia "The Hearts of Oak", where the Son’s of Liberty erected Liberty Poles, where Patriots fought the British prior to the Boston Massacre, and to America’s First War Memorial. The destruction left behind by our patriot brothers after the Reading of the Declaration of Independence is still visible.
You will discuss the important events that occurred as you stand by the site where Alexander Hamilton:
• Confiscated the canons and the fight with the British began
• Spoke about LIberty to the public for the first time
• Stopped Mob rule from offending our cause of liberty
• Dined with Washington, Adams, Knox, Jefferson and others
• Presided over America's first murder trial
• Convinced Madison and Jefferson to support the Assumption Act
• Wrote some of the Federalist papers and much moreOther highlights include:
• Finding out what happened in the "room where it happened" at Thomas Jefferson’s Residence
• Revisiting George Washington's inauguration as President
• Learning where the first US Congress met and what they accomplished
• Seeing where Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton worked as Lawyers
• Learning about all the important places where Alexander Hamilton spent time in the area.
• Learning about the cultural significance of 18th century life as we see the actual remains of a Colonial Prison, Water Well and Tavern from the 1600s.
This is a rare opportunity to learn about the creation of the United States from a man that was instrumental in its creation. Appreciate how an illegitimate boy of Scottish descent became the embodiment of the American dream as he demonstrated foresight, wit, courage, and intellect throughout his life. You will have an opportunity to ask questions to Alexander Hamilton throughout and at the end of the tour. The best teacher of history is one who has lived it. Your guide is a native New Yorker and a professional Colonial reenactor featured in numerous movies and educational publications.
To ensure the highest quality of touring experience, a professional quality personal wireless audio receiver and headphones are used so you can always hear every word of the tour. The souvenir headphones are yours to keep. You may use your own headphones in our wireless receiver. It is ensured that you hear every word of the wit and wisdom of Alexander Hamilton on the best Historical Tour of New York City.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Any child rate applies only when sharing with a paying adult. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Wheelchair accessible, subject to local construction changes.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Check the weather reports on the day of the tour; if there is a chance of rain, please bring your own umbrella. Tour is subject to cancellation due to severe weather. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved through the streets of Lower Manhattan. Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- For sunny days, be sure to bring a hat, comfortable walking shoes and a bottle of water
- Optional wireless receivers are provided free of charge and are collected at the end of the tour. The participant is responsible to hand back to receiver and headset in working order in order or is subject to pay the $60 replacement fee if damaged due to abuse or negligence.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Souvenir over the ear headphones are free of charge and yours to keep.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Scott MacScott portrays Alexander Hamilton is your personal Guide to New York
- Scott MacScott CTM is Professional Licensed NYC Tour Guide for over 20 years
- Scott MacScott is a Professional Actor seen in Movies and TV like CBS's Elementary and "One Life to Give"
- Optional Wireless receivers and Headsets to hear the guide clearly (photo ID required)
- 2.5 Hour Fully Narrated Walking Tour of Colonial Manhattan
- Questions about Hamilton welcome
- Use of Wireless Receiver and Headphones
- Entry/Admission - Trinity Church
- Entry/Admission - Lower Manhattan
- Entry/Admission - New York City Hall
10 Centre St
10:00am every Sunday
2 hours 30 minutes
75 Broadway, New York, NY 10006, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the THE TRAVELS LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
ALL SALES FINAL. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply. See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.