Wind down and relax as our captain and first mate teach you about our elegant schooner and share stories about the history of the lands, people and waters of the Grand Traverse Bay area. Enjoy complimentary locally sourced gourmet food, wine, and cocktails while watching the sunset paint the sky. This is a 3-hour sail.
The tour starts at 6:30 p.m. with check-in beginning at 5:45 p.m. Expected return time is 9:30 p.m. We have a variety of beverage options including wine, cocktails, local spirits, soda and water. Food is served around 8:00 p.m. We respectfully request that guests not bring additional alcoholic beverages. Free parking is available at the check-in kiosk, which is located at The Delamar Resort, 615 E. Front Street, Traverse City, MI. Please bring rain gear, a beach towel, and appropriate non-skid footwear for boating. There may be an opportunity to swim, weather and wind permitting. Tours will be rescheduled if necessary due to inclement weather.
About This Deal
No two sunsets are alike. Let us help you make memories!
After the captain welcomes you aboard we set sail at 6:00 sharp heading north toward Power Island (once owned by Henry Ford). Once sails are up, the first mate will make sure you have your choice of wine, cider, beer, cocktail, or soda while you sit back and relax basking in the ambiance of the evening sun. Visit the classic salon below deck or get comfy on deck as we skim across the brilliant blue-green freshwater of the bay. You’ll enjoy high-end and complimentary refreshments locally sourced from the businesses of Grand Traverse and Leelanau Counties.
The personal touches, intimate environment, and pampering are unparalleled to any other experience on the bay! The panoramic vistas are perfect for elegant and special photo ops. Semi-formal beach attire suggested, but not required.
All of our adventures feature a unique interpretive guide. You’ll learn a bit about sailing, the history of the region, and the ecology of the Great Lakes. We want you to leave us with an appreciation and desire to protect and preserve this precious resource and the features which make the region special.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 17 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Alcoholic Beverages - includes wine tasting, cocktails, and other local spirits as well as soda and water.
- Snacks - Heavy Hors d'oeuvres and locally sourced snacks
- Rain gear
- Beach towels
- Non-skid footwear for boating
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the The Wind Dancer Experience in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.