Discover New Orleans' heritage and the beauty of its period homes during this historical tour. Ride along the city’s stately streets, passing jewels of architectural styles in the French Quarter, Bayou St John and Garden District, and enjoy guided walking tours of St Louis Cemetery #3 and the Longue Vue House and Gardens -- a Classical Greek Revival mansion filled with artifacts spanning the breadth of its history. This small-group tour with a maximum of 14 people ensures a more personalized experience.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
After pickup from your downtown or French Quarter hotel by air-conditioned van, your tour begins in the French Quarter, where you'll learn about the history and design styles of the old Creole city of New Orleans.
Pass By: Jackson Square, 615 Pere Antoine Alley, New Orleans, LA 70116-3234
See the Pontalba Buildings of Jackson Square and the famous St. Louis Cathedral.
Pass By: St. Louis Cathedral, 615 Pere Antoine Aly, New Orleans, LA 70116-3291
Admire St Louis Cathedral and enjoy a view of the Mississippi River.
Pass By: French Market, 1008 N Peters St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3406
Along Esplanade Avenue, you'll pass by the French Market, the old US Mint and some elegant mansions.
Stop At: St. Louis Cemetery No. 3, 3421 Esplanade Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119-2902
Next, hop off your van and stretch your legs at the historic St Louis Cemetery #3. During a guided walking tour, see some of its many societal tombs, such as the Hellenic Orthodox community and the Dante Lodge of Masons, which represent the varied backgrounds of New Orleans' former residents.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: New Orleans City Park, 1 Palm Dr, New Orleans, LA 70124-4608
Stop for refreshments and restrooms after a drive through City Park, home to the Carousel Gardens Amusement Park and centuries-old live oaks.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: The Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden at NOMA, 1 Collins C. Diboll Circle, City Park, New Orleans, LA 70124
This sculpture garden occupies approximately eleven acres in City Park adjacent to the New Orleans Museum of Art, and is located within a mature existing landscape of pines, magnolias and live oaks surrounding two lagoons.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Lake Pontchartrain, New Orleans, LA
We’ll journey along Lake Pontchartrain’s shores to see the levee system that protects both the city of New Orleans and surrounding areas of Southeast Louisiana. You will also view the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway, the world’s longest bridge over water. You will reach the 17th St.Canal and see the flood wall breaches and witness the complete destruction Hurricane Katrina caused to the neighborhood of Lakeview as well as the hopeful rebuilding done with the help of private enterprise as well as the new pumping stations.
Pass By: Garden District, St Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130-5968
On the drive back to your hotel, you’ll pass through Uptown and along St Charles Avenue, where the grand colonial mansions of the Garden District are some of the most beautiful in all the South.
Pass By: Mercedes-Benz Superdome, 1500 Poydras St, New Orleans, LA 70112-1216
Heading downtown, we drive through the Arts District and the Warehouse Section as well as by the World War II Museum, going by the Superdome and through the heart of the business district as we return to your hotel.
Pass By: Bayou St John, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
Back on your van, travel along peaceful Bayou St John, where you’ll see houses from the late 1700s.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Service animals are permitted. Please advise at time of booking to arrange accommodations
- Child rates apply to all children and infants
- Tour cannot accommodate wheelchairs of any kind
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Our tour vans are thoroughly cleaned after each tour, all door handles and interior surfaces wiped down with alcohol-based disinfectant daily. Our driver-guides wear masks and disposable masks are provided to guests upon request.
- Transport by air-conditioned 14-passenger van
- Hotel pickup and drop-off, with exact pick up time provided
- Only tour company to offer a guided tour of Longue Vue Mansion and Gardens
- Guided tour of St Louis Cemetery #3
- Entry/Admission - St. Louis Cemetery No. 3
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours by Isabelle in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.