Explore the best of Memphis on a private walking tour, which finishes with tickets to the National Civil Rights Museum. On your tour, your guide will take you to all of the must-see, must-do spots of Memphis, including Beale Street, home of the Memphis blues. See the places across the city where Elvis grew into the ‘King of Rock’n’Roll’, including where he signed his very first contract. Along the way, your guide will take you for a small taste of Memphis BBQ, before finishing with a one-hour tour of the National Civil Rights Museum, including the Lorraine Motel. After, you are free to continue exploring the museum at your own pace.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mississippi River, United States
Your tour begins at the heartbeat of Memphis’s origin story: The Mississippi River. Like cities the world over, the history of Memphis is one best understood by knowing the lay of the land, the geography which shaped it.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Peabody Ducks, 149 Union Ave The Peabody Memphis, Memphis, TN 38103-2638
Pop into The Peabody Hotel to see the iconic Peabody ducks, if the timing is right!
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: The Orpheum Theatre, 203 S Main St, Memphis, TN 38103-3905
Learn about the heritage of the historic Orpheum Theatre.
Stop At: Beale Street, Memphis, TN 38103
Visit historic Beale Street - where nightclubs, pawnshops, restaurants, and theatres have been playing the blues for over a century. Hear tales of Ida B Wells, 'Beale Street Blues', B.B. King, and Dr King.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: National Civil Rights Museum - Lorraine Motel, 450 Mulberry St, Memphis, TN 38103-4214
Learn about the legacy of Memphis in the struggle for Civil Rights, and see the Lorraine Motel - now part of the museum - where Dr King was assassinated in 1968. Hear how the centre continues to play a central role in moving forward the push for civil rights nationwide.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- A friendly, professional tour guide for your own private group
- Plenty of time to take photos of your favourite places
- Entrance to National Civil Rights Museum
- A light taste of Memphis BBQ and a drink
- Entry/Admission - National Civil Rights Museum - Lorraine Motel
- Cost of transportation on the day (if required)
- Additional food and drink, although your guide will be happy to recommend favourites.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup
3 hours 30 minutes
Memphis, TN, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Travel Curious in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.