Tucked neatly in the foothills of the Cascade Mountain Range is a Bavarian oasis. Central Washington is a geological wonder, where old-growth forests meet high-desert landscapes carved from the ice ages. And in the center of it all is the small town of Leavenworth. Here, German influence reigns supreme, with classic Bavarian architecture, wonderful gift shops, and authentic German pubs and eateries to sample.
Chat with the local wine makers, olive oil producers and cheese mongers who produce the delectable local flavors. Immerse yourself in Old World Bavaria with the jagged peaks of the Cascade Mountains as a backdrop. There will be plenty of time for meals throughout the day, with excellent recommendations. Wine tasting is included, but lunch and other meals are not included.
Please note: this tour is subject to cancellation due to inclement winter weather in the Cascade Mountains, which may close the pass.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Leavenworth, WA 98826, USA
Drive east, with a 2-hour excursion through the gorgeous Cascade Mountains and National Forest. Arrive at the Bavarian town of Leavenworth, and learn the history of how it came to be.
Enjoy lunch at a German restaurant, with such menu items as knackwurst, sauerkraut, and leberkäse, with several German beers on tap.
Shop at a year-round Christmas store for the perfect gift, visit a nutcracker museum, and visit local markets for tastings such as olive oil and cheese.
Go wine tasting at Obelisko or other comparable wine tasting room.
Duration: 10 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Plenty of time to take photos of your favourite places
- A friendly, professional guide with first-hand knowledge of the area
- Wine tasting for adults at a local tasting room
- Private transport throughout the tour
- Additional food and drink, although your guide will be happy to recommend favourites along the way
- Gratuities (optional)
506 2nd Ave, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Meet your guide at the lobby of your hotel. Please make sure to be there 10 minutes before tour departure time.
Seattle, WA, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Travel Curious in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.