Enjoy a private and authentic cooking class in a local Chicago home with your hosts Carlos and Giulietta. This is a perfect experience for anyone looking to connect with local culture over food. Your cooking class will take place in a local home kitchen where Carlos and Giulietta will teach you 3 fusion dishes inspired by Asian and Cuban influences. After cooking, you will enjoy your meal together. Giulietta is a fun and lively host passionate about cooking, baking and art. Giulietta was invited to the United States from Cuba to showcase Cuban art and food. Giulietta hosts together with her friend Carlos at his home in Chicago. Carlos grew up in Hawaii and is a chef at an exclusive sports club in Chicago. Giulietta enjoys meeting new people and connecting with food lovers to share her knowledge of Cuban food, culture and desserts with them while Carlos like to showcase gourmet food with an Asian influence.
About This Deal
This is a unique opportunity to visit the home of a local and explore traditional culture and cuisine. Join your hosts Giulietta and Carlos at Carlos' simple apartment in uptown Chicago. You will learn to cook a gourmet meal that combines Asian and Cuban influences. Giulietta will teach you how to prepare an appetizer or dessert based on her grandmother’s recipes that have been passed down through generations in her family. Carlos will show you how to prepare a gourmet main and sides. Depending on your preference, Giulietta and Carlos can offer a hands-on class or a cooking demonstration if you would just like to watch. You will learn to cook three dishes from scratch during your cooking lesson that lasts about 2 hours. Enjoy learning about the techniques involved in cooking a gourmet meal with Cuban and Asian influences before sharing the meal you helped prepare. Your four-course menu may include dishes such as Cuban fritters, grilled mushroom spring rolls, and a main of miso butter lobster with wasabi mashed potatoes. Your meal concludes with a dessert such as cheesecake, flourless chocolate cake or a traditional Cuban dessert like cascos de guayaba.
• Crispy malanga (root vegetable) fritters served with a honey mustard dip
• Fresh summer rolls - Grilled mushroom, bean sprouts, rice noodle, and basil roll with a peanut sauce
• Miso butter lobster with wasabi mashed potatoes and baby carrots
• Tropical cheesecake with guava cascos
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Private cooking class with your hosts Carlos and Giulietta
- Alcoholic Beverages - 2 glasses of beer
- Host can accommodate dietary restrictions including lactose or gluten free and vegan, if necessary.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Traveling Spoon, Inc in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.