Enjoy a private and authentic cooking class in a local home with host Ruby who comes from a family that is all about communal eating and hosting large family gatherings, where good food and great conversations are the backbone of any meal. This is a perfect experience for anyone looking to connect with local culture over food. Your cooking class will take place in a local home kitchen where Ruby will teach you how to make 2-3 Indian-Mexcian dishes from their family recipes. After cooking, you will enjoy your meal together in your host's home.
• Private cooking lesson in a local home
• Introduction to India's culture and cuisine
• Learn to cook either traditional Indian meal or Indian-Mexican fusion
• 100% private activity
• Experience Indian hospitality in a residential Chicago neighborhood
• Vegetarian and gluten free options available
About This Deal
This is a unique opportunity to visit the home of a local and explore traditional culture and cuisine. Join your host Ruby at her charming family home to learn to cook a modern Indian fusion meal or traditional Indian meal from recipes that she has created herself and learned from her mother. Your hands-on cooking class will last about 2 hours during which you will learn to cook three dishes from scratch. Some of the Mexican-Indian fusion dishes you might learn to cook are paneer "quesadillas" with tandoori onions and "crack" crema, Indian-spiced corn eloté, curried cauliflower with chimichurri or basmati rice-stuffed poblanos, and mango lassi. If you prefer a traditional Indian cooking class, please state your preference when making your booking. Your traditional Indian meal might include dishes such as shrimp or chicken biryani and raita, whole roasted tandoori style chicken, a spiced potato and cauliflower dish. Enjoy learning about the tips and techniques involved in Indian fusion (or traditional Indian) cooking before you sit down at the table to share the meal you helped prepare with your host Ruby.
• Modern Indian Menu - Mango lassi, tandoori paneer quesadillas, Indian-spiced corn eloté and mango panna cotta
• Traditional Indian Menu - Biriyani with raita, tandoori chicken, aloo gobhi and mango kulfi
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Private cooking class with your host Ruby
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Traveling Spoon, Inc in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.