Ride with the some of the premier Alaska Racing Huskies, an educational Q & A presentation on Mushing by our resident mushing experts, and a visit to the FREE Puppy Camp. Feel the excitement of riding with an experienced dog sled musher over cut trails through the Yukon wilderness!
This 6 hour tour that departs from Yukon Heath's Popcorn Emporium at 9a.m. This tour features stops at Capt Moore's Bridge and Tutshi. Next visit Caribou Crossing Iditarod Training Camp for approx 1 hour. This gives you time for lunch, the wildlife museum, petting farm and PUPPIES! The tour will also take you to Emerald Lake, The Yukon sign, the Welcome to Alaska sign, and there is a possibility of wildlife spotting including bears, sheep, caribou, elk, lynx, fox, eagles, and moose. Transportation is provided in a 24 passenger air porter bus and you are accompanied by a driver/guide.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Southeast Tours, Skagway, AK 99840
• 6 Hour tour that departs Yukon Heath's Popcorn Emporium at 480 Broadway in Skagway at 9am. The tour returns to Skagway at 4:30 pm (please confirm that your ship leaves at least 1 hour after the tour returns)
• Features everything you will see with our Yukon Discovery Tour PLUS then a 15 minute Dog Mushing Adventure!
• Small tour buses that hold up to 32 people
• Please arrive at least 30 minutes ahead of departure time
• Do NOT forget your passports!
• Capt Moore's Suspension Bridge, with stunning views of the fjord below.
• Tutshi (pronounced TOO SHY) High
• Caribou Crossing Caribou Crossing Iditarod Training Camp, approx 1 hour, giving you time for lunch, the wildlife museum, petting farm and PUPPIES!
• Emerald Lake - one of the most photographed lake in the Yukon
• Yukon sign - stop for a picture as you enter into Canada's Yukon territory
• The "Welcome to Alaska" sign - located at the top of the White Pass overlooking the border between the USA and Canada.
• Wildlife spotting possible; including bears, sheep, caribou, elk, lynx, fox, eagles, and moose.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please note: A valid passport or passport card is REQUIRED on ALL tours! If you do not have either of those please contact Canadian Customs for additional information on other documentation that may be used
- Tours depart from Yukon Heath's Popcorn Emporium, located at 5th & Broadway. Please plan to arrive at least 30 minutes before your tour is set to depart. Please DO NOT forget your passports! If you have any questions, please call us
- Vegetarian option is available, your tour guide/professional driver will inquire of your choice before tour departs
- Collapsible non-electric wheelchairs/walkers can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- U.S and Canadian Citizens: Must bring a government issued photo ID and proof of citizenship (U.S birth certificate or naturalization certificate) or a passport for re-entry to the United States. Children, ages 18 and under only require a birth certificate.
- Non-U.S. Citizens: Either a Passport, I-94, Multiple Entry Visa or Resident Alien Card is required for re-entry to the United States
- Every tour operates in all weather conditions - our weather can vary greatly, so we recommend that you dress in layers
- Specific tour stops can be modified based on road conditions and weather.
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- Lunch - two choices of lunch, chicken or vegetarian
- Professional Driver/guide
- Live commentary on board
- Buses can accommodate up to 32 people, with public address system for easy listening
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Snacks (available to purchase)
- Bottled water (available to purchase)
- Coffee/tea (available to purchase)
Returns to Skagway (Tour ends across the street from Yukon Heath's Popcorn Emporium)
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tru North Enterprises, LLC DBA Southeast Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.