From the comfort of your vehicle, your ride-along private guide brings to life the top sites of Taos: Taos Pueblo Native American village and UNESCO World Heritage Site, picture-perfect Rio Grande Gorge Bridge, historic and quaint Taos Plaza, funky and famous Earthship neighborhood, or any four stops of your choice on your private, custom tour. Hear stories from an experienced and personable local guide.
*included: admission fees
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Taos Pueblo, 120 Veterans Highway, Taos, NM 87571
Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site and oldest continuously inhabited place in North America, the Native American Village of Taos Pueblo.
Note: the Pueblo closes for ceremonies and traditional occasions, sometimes without notice. In the event that Taos Pueblo is closed, we substitute a stop at Martinez Hacienda; a restored 200 year old Spanish colonial home.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Taos Plaza, Immediately West of the Intersection of Us 64 and Nm 68, Taos, NM 87571-6071
The entire Plaza is listed on the National Register of Historic Places
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Rio Grande Gorge Bridge, US 64, 10 miles west of Taos, Taos, NM
Drive then walk over (if you choose) the magnificent Rio Grande Gorge Bridge that crosses over the Rio Grande 685 feet above the river with stunning views of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains and if lucky, a herd of Big Horn Sheep.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Earthship Visitor Center, #2 Earthship Way, Taos, NM 87571
We will do a drive-by and quick intro to the Earthship Biotecture Community - an entire neighborhood of homes build of recycled materials and totally off grid. This neighborhood is now world famous with Earthships across the USA and in over 80 countries.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is a private driving tour in your vehicle - our guide rides along in your car.
- A small amount of walking is involved to enter the various sites, if you choose to walk. There is a walking tour of the Taos Pueblo less than 1/2 mile in total and duration of approximately 30 minutes.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Private tour
- Tour guide/host throughout entire tour
- Admission Fees
- Entry/Admission - Taos Pueblo
- Gratuities (not necessary but nice)
- Food and drinks
- Transportation is not included - our guide rides in your vehicle
Taos Plaza Gazebo, Taos, NM 87571, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Turquoise Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.