This is a walking tour of Charleston highlighting the Civil War from start to finish in our city. It begins at 158 Church Street, Charleston Charleston, South Carolina at 10 a.m. Monday through Sunday. We walk past many historic sites such as churches, Civic buildings and houses on our way to the battery where we will discuss the many battles that took place here in Charleston. The price is $24.95 for adults and $15.95 for children over 6
What You'll Get
The Civil War in Charleston
• Not your average Civil War tour. Nearly everyone knows the official start of the war was on April 12th 1861 with the bombing of Fort Sumter, however, most do not know of the bloody fighting that ravaged this area for the four years to follow. In addition to Fort Sumter we cover all of the bloodiest battles as well as specifically Charleston Topics. Women and their role on the homefront, blockade-running here in Charleston as well as the events right here in town that led up to the war starting. We go well beyond the Battle of Fort Sumter and give you the raw destruction of the war here Charleston. This is an unfiltered view of the war as told by the people who lived through it. It begins at 158 Church Street Charleston, South Carolina at 10 a.m. daily. We visit such sites as the Circular Congregational Church, the Mills House Hotel, St. Michael's Church, the St. Patrick O'Donnell house and the Miles Brewton house. We then head to the battery, where we will discuss blockade-running, women, such as Emma Holmes and Mary Boykin Chesnut and their role in Charleston during the war and George Trenholm, the real Rhett Butler. And finally on to Charleston Harbor where we will discuss the many battles that took place and Charleston in the surrounding areas.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- All activities
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
158 Church Street Charleston, South Carolina
90 to 120 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Twisted Charleston Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.