Kayak with an expert guide to beautiful, volcanic, offshore islands during this 5-hour Kailua Bay adventure. Enjoy lunch on a sandy beach with a view of the Ko'olau Mountains, all while learning about Hawaii's marine life, geology, history, and mythology. Jump into tide pools to discover marine life and go snorkeling with Hawaiian Green sea turtles, or simply splash in the gentle surf after lunch at Moku Nui islet.
Groupon Customer Reviews
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sun & Salt Adventures Hawaii, 134 Hamakua Dr Unit B, Kailua, Oahu, HI 96734-2825
Your first stop of the day will be at our store in town Kailua. Here you will sign your safety waivers, receive your lunch, dry bag and snorkel gear and be given a safety briefing by your guide as to what to expect on your tour. Your Guide will show you the simple & easy technique of loading your kayak onto your vehicle using soft foam racks and straps. From here, we will proceed over to Kailua Beach Park, where you tour will begin.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Kailua Beach Park, 526 Kawailoa Road, Kailua, Oahu, HI 96734
Here is where you will launch your kayaks into the waters off of Kailua Beach to start your adventure. You will spend a few minutes on the beach practicing proper paddling and safety techniques before actually getting into the water. From this area you will get a first glimpse of you're destination, the beautiful island of Moku Nui. This is also where you will return to at the end of your tour before coming back to our shop.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Lanikai Beach, Kailua, Oahu, HI 96734
You will pass by Lanikai Beach on your way to and from the island of Moku Nui. This world famous beach is know for it soft white sand and abundance of marine life in its waters. While passing this beach, be sure to keep an eye out for sea turtles that like to graze among the local corals.
Stop At: Mokulua Islands, Oahu, HI
A 45 min. to 1 hr. scenic paddle takes you to the Seabird Sanctuary that is the Mokulua Islands. Frequently visited by Sea Turtles and Hawaiian Monk Seals, the island offers an unparalleled, unique snorkeling or kayak surfing experience!
Your lifeguard trained guide will help you discover the island. Where wave conditions permitting, they’ll take you to a hidden secret cove, where you’ll go cliff jumping and snorkeling and then go for a short walk and enjoy a soak in the Queens Bath Tide Pools, named after Queen Kapiolani who loved this area.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available. Please advise at time of booking if required
- All paddlers' weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 14 people per booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Professional guide
- Snorkeling equipment
- Kayak & Gear
- Dry bag
- Soft Racks and Straps (For Kayak Transportation)
- Entry/Admission - Mokulua Islands
- Kayak Transport to Beach, you will need a vehicle. Small cars, convertibles to SUV's will work.
134b Hamakua Dr, Kailua, HI 96734, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Sun and Salt Adventures Hawaii in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts. Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings