What You'll Get
Day 1: On arrival in DC, join your fellow travelers for your Washington DC Experience. Breakfast and dinner are included.
Day 2: Your tour of our nation’s capital includes a visit to Ford’s Theater where Lincoln was shot. Your next stop is the WWII Memorial. This impressive monument is dedicated to those who served in World War II, and is sure to move you. We continue on be the FDR Memorial, located along the tidal basin. When the cherry blossoms are out this is a magnificent view and brings to life the beliefs of Franklin D. Roosevelt. This afternoon we visit Arlington National Cemetery and take a narrated tram ride through the cemetery. On your tour visit the grave sites of JFK and RFK, see the Memorial to the Challenger Explorers, the tomb of the unknown soldiers, and witness the changing of the guard. Our last stop of the afternoon is the National Archives where you can view our countries most important documents. (The lines at the National Archives is often 45 minutes to an hour). Breakfast and Dinner.
Day 3: We depart the hotel at 8am to be at Mount Vernon when it opens. Tour the home of George and Martha Washington, visit the grave sites, and see the farm that George Washington was so proud of. On our return from Mt. Vernon we visit the Marine Memorial ant the famous Iwo Jima flag raising sculpture. In the afternoon visit the Capitol Visitor Center and learn how the congress works. You have the remainder of the day to enjoy the Smithsonian Museums. Tonight we feature an illumination tour to see the monuments in their entire splendor. On the tour see the Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, and Korean Memorial, the Vietnam Memorial as well as the White house and Capitol illuminated. Breakfast and Dinner
Day 4: Begin the day with a visit to the National Cathedral. Next it is on to Embassy Row and Georgetown. In the afternoon visit the Newseum, the museum that makes the news come alive. Breakfast and Dinner.
Day 5: This morning start the day with one of the most moving museums in Washington, the Holocaust Museum. This museum serves as a reminder of mans inhumanity to man, lest we never forget or allow genocide to continue throughout the world. If you are not interested in the Holocaust Museum you can have the morning to visit any of the other Smithsonian Museums located nearby. In the afternoon you are transferred to the train for the return trip home (extra cost). Breakfast.
** Please note that if you wish to visit the White House you must contact your Congressional office. You must apply in advance for these tickets because of security.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please indicate any medical or dietary assistance required in the Special Requirements field at checkout
- A transfer is provided from DC area airports to the hotel from 7:00am to 7:00pm
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 53 travelers
- Transportation in DC (Transport by either motor coach and Mercedes sprinter based on size of groups)
- If arriving at airport, voucher provided to hotel
- 4 nights Hampton Inn Union Station
- 4 breakfasts, and 4 dinners
- Tour Arlington Cemetery
- Baggage handling
- Professional tour director
- Fuel surcharge
- Landing and facility fees
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Items of a personal nature including items such as: in room movies, laundry, telephone etc.
- Gratuities are not included. Suggested amount $10 per person, per day
DC area airport: Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, Washington Dulles International Airport , or Baltimore/Washington International Airport
Depends on flight arrival time. Shuttle voucher good between 7:00am and 7:00pm
DC area airport
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tye's Top Tour & Travel in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.