What You'll Get
Have you ever wondered where Wall Street, Battery Park, or Bowling Greene got their name from? Discover this and much more on this historical walking tour of Dutch Amsterdam's remnants! The Dutch influence is felt in many hidden relics south of Wall Street, which includes the massive one hidden in plain sight: the original street grid embedded in lower Manhattan grid today! On this tour you will walk New York City's original coastline, discover the remains of Manhattan’s first City Hall, learn about the history of the original Dutch fort, windmill and battery. You will also explore a hidden street frozen in time in the middle of skyscrapers, and learn about the legend of Peg-Leg Pete.
• Includes a walk of the city’s original coast line
• See the remains of Manhattan’s first City Hall
• Discover the original Dutch fort, wind mill and the original battery
• Trace the streets of Manhattan in 1667 with Manhattan’s first map in hand
• Physically touch history as we spend time finding out why Bowling Green has its name and why it’s been so important in our city’s history
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessible
- Tour is in English
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- The tour is 2-hours long; please consult with the MTA for weekend subway schedules and routing changes.
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
The tour meets on the Footsteps of the Museum of the American Indian
The tour ends where it starts
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Untapped New York in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.