Appreciate, during an half-day, walking through lands that hold thousands of years of history in a country only just recently celebrating its 150th anniversary. Enjoy the views and beloved locales of Ottawa and Gatineau while discovering some of its best-hidden secrets with an English-speaking guide. Discover all the iconic sights and gain insider knowledge. This tour is limited to a maximum of 12 travelers.
What You'll Get
DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ottawa Urban Adventures, 49-51 George Street, Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario K1N Canada
Ask a non-Canadian what the capital city of Canada is, and very rarely will the response be right. Maybe it’s Toronto, Montreal or perhaps even Vancouver? Ottawa is an unlikely answer, almost as unlikely as the choice of Ottawa as a capital city in the first place. Only a small number trading community known as Bytown when it was chosen by Queen Victoria, Ottawa has been the political center of a vast country ever since 1866.
Get up close and personal with the impressive neo-gothic structures of downtown Ottawa. Then see beyond the government power struggles and get to know the everyday Canadians who have shaped their city and their nation. Learn about the Ottawa and Algonquin people who first lived in the region and its importance to them. Expand your knowledge of the First Nations and their tumultuous history with the government of Canada.
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Jacques Cartier Park, 164, Laurier street, Gatineau, Quebec J8X 3W1 Canada
Then take a trip across the river and discover how despite the close physical proximity, Quebec and Ontario are very different provinces. Gatineau exists for many of the same reasons as Ottawa but does it in a unique way. Explore the historical stretch of Vieux-Hull (Old Hull) and get a glimpse of what once was. Stop in for refreshment at a local café in this historic neighborhood.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Parliament Hill and Buildings, 111 Wellington St, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0A6 Canada
Then it’s back across the river using public transit, this time straight to Centretown and Parliament Hill.
The culture of the cities is on display, even without an admission ticket to the many museums and performance venues. Sprinkled around the downtown core are statues and monuments and murals that go unnoticed or unexplained. Unlock the stories of some of the real headscratchers like, what does that lightning-looking sculpture even mean? And discover the fascinating people immortalized in bronze.
There is no better place to see the worlds of history and modern life collide. The many layers that have been added over the years from the different people who have lived and breathed in Ottawa is a tangible experience for all who walk through its paths.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- Please wear weather-appropriate clothes such as hats, sunglasses, comfortable walking shoes and rain jacket, and bring sunscreen or an umbrella. Check the forecast and prepare for the worst as the weather in Ottawa can be temperamental. Also, bring a bottle of water and your enthusiasm for a good time.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Local English-speaking guide,
- Choice of hot or cold drink at a stop along the route
- Public transit fare during the tour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Ottawa Urban Adventures
- Additional food and drinks, souvenirs and personal shopping, tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Byward Cafe, 55 Byward Market Square, Ottawa, ON K1N 9C3, Canada
3 hours 30 minutes
Bytown Museum, 1 Canal Ln, Ottawa, ON K1P 5P6, Canada
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Urban Adventures Canada in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.