Discover two of Toronto's most colorful and multicultural neighborhoods on this small-group walking tour of Kensington Market and Chinatown. On this 3-hour tour, immerse yourself in both local and international culture as you wander the often bustling streets lined with unique vendors and specialty stores. Learn from your guide about the history of these areas and discover the best places to shop and eat.
About This Deal
DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kensington Market, Toronto, Ontario Canada
In Kensington Market, over a coffee or tea at a local cafe, you’ll learn how the neighbourhood has evolved from a working-class Jewish market into a working-class bohemian market. Several waves of immigrant settlement over the past century have splashed colours, sounds, and flavours from the four corners of the earth throughout Kensington Market, and yet there is not a McDonald's or Starbucks to be seen. Large multinational corporations are decidedly unwelcome, and unlikely to migrate their way in anytime soon. One of the many highlights of this tour is a visit to a local food vendor to awaken your taste buds to Kensington Market’s international flavour.
Aside from its aversion to corporations, the neighbourhood is known for its festivals (Pedestrian Sunday is a favourite), vintage shops, cafes, bakeries, hole-in-the-wall bars, and the many, many bare brick walls that have long been covered with graffiti murals (often at the request of the buildings’ owners). These murals are nearly all stunning, and have become one of the iconic features of the neighbourhood. Your local guide will be happy to elaborate on any element of the neighbourhood you find particularly interesting on this Kensington Market tour in Toronto – we all love this area a lot!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Chinatown, Spadina and Dundas (From Queen to College and east and west of Spadina), Toronto, Ontario M5T 2E9 Canada
As we said, right next door to Kensington Market is Chinatown, one of Canada's largest Chinese communities, and one of the largest Chinatowns in North America. One of the busiest areas in the city, there’s always something happening, and always tales to tell. On this part of your Toronto tour, your guide will enlighten you with some favourite local stories and intriguing history surrounding Toronto’s Chinatown. Along the way, you’ll also likely get restaurant recommendations, which can really come in handy for after your Toronto Chinatown tour – trust us, there are a lot of places to eat around here.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a child-friendly tour.Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- Summers can be hot and humid, spring/autumn can be cool, and winters downright frigid with snow. Dress according to weather and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Tour involves a good amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travellers 18+ must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Children 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or lateral flow) conducted maximum 72 hours prior, proof of recovery dated up to 9 months or proof of vaccination. View full policy at the website
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Effective Sept 1, 2021, travellers 18+ must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Children 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or lateral flow) conducted maximum 72 hours prior, proof of recovery dated up to 9 months or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine
- Local English-speaking guide
- Stop for a coffee or tea in one of the local cafes
- Sample a snack at a local food vendor
- Experience the sights, sounds, and smells of Toronto’s legendary Chinatown
- Explore the unique, bohemian atmosphere of Kensington Market
- Walk the hidden lanes and alleys to discover amazing graffiti art
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Additional snacks and beverages
Dundas St West at McCaul St, Toronto, ON M5T 1G4, Canada
Spadina Avenue, Spadina Ave., Toronto, ON, Canada
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Intrepid Urban Adventures - Canada in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.