Enjoy Boston at its finest and join us across the harbor for an East Boston experience you will always remember. Ride along the oldest subway line in the USA, eat your way through the bakeries, shops, and restaurants, bowl the old-fashioned way or play a game of billiards, enjoy the best waterfront in the city, and take in amazing views of the skyline during a ride on a water taxi. Immerse yourself in this truly diverse immigrant neighborhood that most tourists don't know about, with a local by your side!
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Boston Harbor Cruises, Boston, MA 02110
Fasten your seatbelts for an unforgettable time in East Boston. The tour begins at the Aquarium “T” Station on Boston Harbor’s Long Wharf. Take in views across the harbor at East Boston before we head underground to the Blue Line T Station. Your guide will help you navigate the modern system as you get on the train and travel under the Harbor through the oldest subway tunnel in the country. If time allows, we will get out at the Maverick T Station to tell you more about the subway project.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Boston Urban Adventures, 60 Canal St, Boston, MA 02114-2030
After the train, your guide will lead you into the heart of East Boston. As we walk, you’ll see shops and restaurants reflecting the diversity of the East Boston residents. You can travel around the world in East Boston without ever having to leave the neighborhood!
Next, it’s time for bowling Boston-style, with candle-pin bowling. Before hitting the lanes, you’ll have the option to pick up a beverage to bring over to this classic neighborhood bowling alley which encourages you to BYOB. Built in 1950, this bowling alley hasn’t changed much, with manual scoring, gravity-powered ball return and wood paneling completing the retro atmosphere. If bowling isn’t available, we’ll make our way over to one of the neighborhood billiards halls where we’ll have a chance to play a game of pool together. When you grab a beer, enjoy the music and chat with the locals at the pool table, to really get a feel for what this neighborhood is all about.
The evening continues as you walk down Meridian Street, taking in some murals depicting the history and influence of immigration in East Boston. We will continue to Maverick Square, where we will enjoy a snack or two along the way. You’ll discover the best variety of food in all of Boston concentrated in this area, from Colombian bakeries, to Italian sandwich shops, Mexican taquerias, El Salvadorian cafes and Chinese restaurants, the choices are endless!
Next, we head to the waterfront. Views of the skyline will appear and at certain times of the year, you’ll have a chance to catch an amazing sunset. If time allows, and on certain days of the week, we’ll continue walking through the neighborhood and then along the water through a picturesque park and into the Boston Shipyard. Here you’ll see some creative public art and a chance to visit a local cider house for a tasting. One final bite or two of delicious East Boston food might also be in the mix.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Boston Water Taxi, Logan Airport Dock, Boston, MA
Finally, we call the water taxi to bring us back across the Harbor. Get your cameras ready for some of the best views of Boston from the water. From the boat, your guide will point out the must-see neighborhoods and landmarks that make Boston special. Take it all in and enjoy the Harbor in style as you cruise back into Long Wharf.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
- We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests.
- In the event of a site closure, we will do our best to replace it with a similar alternative.
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- Local English-speaking guide
- 2-3 snacks
- Bowling alley fee OR billiards table fee
- “T” (subway) ticket
- Water taxi ticket
- Entry/Admission - Boston Urban Adventures
- Entry/Admission - Boston Water Taxi
- Additional food and drink
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
222 State St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
Long Wharf, Boston, MA 02110, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Urban Adventures USA in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.