Take a trip into 'The New York Times’ much-loved “36 Hours” travel column in one day! Get a sneaky peek behind the scenes in Washington DC on a tour specially curated by the experts at The New York Times and Urban Adventures. Take home a unique souvenir from the Library of Congress, drink in the same bars as some of DC’s most famous politicians (past and present) and taste some of the best food and drink in the city. Learning about politics has never been so much fun!
About This Deal
Your Washington DC adventure begins at the Cannon Office Building, the oldest congressional building in the city, where your local guide will give you a brief history of the capital of the Unites States and the world-famous buildings of Capitol Hill.
As we stroll to our first stop, your guide will discuss where off-the-clock politicos spend their time in the city and about the influence that prominent members of the government have had on Washington DC, past and present.
• Senate and House Office Buildings, Independence & Constitution Aves, Washington DC, DC 20515
• Capitol Hill, First St and East Capitil St NE, Washington DC, DC 20004
• Library of Congress, 101 Independence Ave SE, Washington DC, DC 20540
• Eastern Market, 225 7th St SE, Washington, DC 20003, USA
• Washington Navy Yard, Washington, DC 20374, USA
• Washington DC Tour Hub, 718 7th St NW, Washington, DC 20001, USA
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress standard: Please dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather, tours will take place in the rain so make sure you bring an umbrella if it’s due to rain! Your Trip: For your New York Times Journeys/Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people. Closure of sites: Peaceful demonstrations, a mainstay of life in Washington, DC, may close sites but they also add to the enrichment of the experience!
- We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests. You can do so in the ‘Additional information’ box at checkout, or by emailing us
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Library of Congress library card
- Beer tasting
- Cheese tasting
- Wine Tasting (5 glasses)
- Bus fare
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
99 Independence Ave SE, Washington, DC 20515, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Urban Adventures USA in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.