Experience the best travel stories for yourself! Join a local expert and uncover hidden gems on this Lonely Planet Experience powered by Urban Adventures. Enjoy the city tour equivalent of a short film with this whistle stop one-hour adventure centered around LA’s legendary Hollywood Boulevard. Get the low down on classic Hollywood as we talk about Chaplin, Mary Pickford, Clark Gable, Marilyn Monroe and lots more of your golden era favourites. Admire some of this historic area’s architectural gems, like the Dolby, El Capitan and Chinese Theatres and the Hollywood sign. Take a peek inside the iconic Roosevelt Hotel and hear about the movie stars that have stayed (and misbehaved) here. If you’re in a hurry and you want a Hollywood highlight reel, look no further. We think this might be the beginning of a beautiful friendship…
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hollywood Walk of Fame, Hollywood Blvd at Vine St, Los Angeles, CA 90028
You will begin your Hollywood Boulevard adventure with a stroll down the iconic Walk of Fame, where we’ll glimpse the stars of beloved actors, actresses and entertainers from years gone by (as well as a few of our modern favorites, too). We’ll talk about the origins of ‘Hollywoodland’ and how one of the most famous boulevards in the world came to be.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Hollywood Sign, Los Angeles, CA 90068
From there, we will admire the Hollywood sign from a lookout bridge framed by an exact replica of the elaborate, Babylonian set of Intolerance, D.W. Griffith’s follow up to the much lauded ‘Birth of a Nation.’ As we gaze at the Hollywood Hills we’ll talk about the history of Hollywood, why filmmakers chose to set up shop in a small farming and ranching community and how they managed to turn it into one of the most famous places in the world.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Dolby Theatre, 6801 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028-6136
Next, we’re off to the Dolby Theater, home of the Oscars, Hollywood's most famous and prestigious awards ceremony. We will walk the red-carpet staircase emblazoned with symbolic mosaic tiles, the same route the stars have walked on their way into the event since 2002 (before that it was hosted at a number of famous venues around town including the Hollywood Roosevelt and Ambassador hotels). As we stroll this promenade, we will happen upon the unique film-strip architecture that frames the corridor, decorated with the names of all the films that have won the ‘Best Picture’ award, from the industry's first Oscars ceremony in 1927 through to today!
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: TCL Chinese Theatres, 6925 Hollywood Blvd Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028-6103
From there we head to Hollywood's most iconic theater, the TLC Chinese Theater (formerly ‘Grauman's Chinese Theater). While admiring this quirky beauty, we’ll introduce you to the story of Sid Grauman, the theater's founder, and his role in early Los Angeles theater development. Home to the cement handprints, footprints, and signatures of 200+ of the most influential people in Hollywood's history, including megastars like Marilyn Monroe and Judy Garland all the way up to Clint Eastwood and Tim Burton. There’s even some fictional characters in there too — hello Donald Duck!
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: The Hollywood Roosevelt, 7000 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028, USA
Things will take a ghoulish turn at our next stop, the Roosevelt Hotel, a historic hotel designed in the Spanish Colonial Revival style and financed by the 1920's Hollywood elite. Home to the first Oscars ceremony as well as a galaxy of stars who would stay at the hotel while they were in town (or live there for a while a la Marilyn Monroe), the Roosevelt Hotel is bursting at the seams with Hollywood folklore. As we traverse the halls of this architectural masterpiece, we will learn about the hotel's role as a set for various movies, its relationship to stars such as Monroe, Shirley Temple, Clark Gable and Charlie Chaplin and we will hear the legends of famous ghosts that stalk the hallways. As we make our grand exit, we will stop to say hello and pay tribute to Chaplin’s statue, which sits on a bench just outside, waiting to greet visitors as they come and go.
Our tour concludes at ‘The Four Ladies of Hollywood,’ an art deco-style sculpture that represents the diversity of women in Hollywood. By the end of this short adventure, you will have gained a wealth of insight into the origins Hollywood and its moguls and starlets, scandals and triumphs.
Before you go, don’t forget to ask your local guide for more tips on what else to see and do in LA. There are lots more ways to experience old Hollywood, so be sure to ask for some recommendations.
Duration: 10 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge.
- As a responsible travel company, we pride ourselves in leaving a minimal carbon footprint. Please consider taking Metro to/from the tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures have received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- Local, English-speaking guide
- Entry/Admission - Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Entry/Admission - Hollywood Sign
- Entry/Admission - Dolby Theatre
- Entry/Admission - TCL Chinese Theatres
- Entry/Admission - The Hollywood Roosevelt
- Food and drinks
6815 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028, USA
7097 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Urban Adventures USA in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.