Join us for a quirky tour of one of the most historic (and underrated) buildings and museums in Washington DC. Dive into American history through art while your local guide regales you with amazing tales of the power players who shaped the country all while taking in one of the world’s largest collections of art.
What You'll Get
Visit: National Portrait Gallery, F Street NW Smithsonian Institution, Washington DC, DC 20560
Join us for an unconventional tour of one of our favourite museums in Washington DC. Everyone knows American television shows, movies, music, and fashion but let’s celebrate one of the oldest, yet underappreciated, forms of American culture: art.
Visit the National Portrait Gallery and Smithsonian American Art Museum to learn about important American artists and some of the unsung heroes in our country’s story.
Duration: 1 hour
Visit: Smithsonian American Art Museum, 8th and F Streets, NW, Washington DC, DC 20013
We’re going to talk about a local janitor’s 14-year masterpiece, which was found by chance in his garage, discuss the American dream, check out the original Singer sewing machine, and learn about the power players throughout US history.
We’ll use the prism of American art to view the unique story of this country and talk about its origins, its awkward adolescent period, and the past century where it has truly come into its own.
Duration: 1 hour
Visit: Washington DC Urban Adventures, Washington DC, DC 20004
Before you go, don’t forget to ask your guide for more hints and tips on what else there is to see, do and eat during your stay in wonderful Washington DC.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 are permitted the child rate. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge; please note number of children under the age of 6 in the special request box at time of booking.
- A maximum of 12 people per tour
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Local English-speaking guide.
- Entry/Admission - National Portrait Gallery
- Entry/Admission - Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Entry/Admission - Washington DC Urban Adventures
- Food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
Smithsonian American Art Museum. 800 G St NW, Washington, D.C. 20001.
Smithsonian American Art Museum.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Urban Adventures USA in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.