This fun walking tour will take you over the High Line and through the Meatpacking and Chelsea neighborhoods to explore history, art, food… and, of course, beautiful views. You’ll leave with an understanding of how the past has shaped the present, and how modern New York has re-purposed this history to create something unique that has transformed the city both for the better and for the worse.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The High Line, New York City, NY 10014
Travel the downtown section of the High Line, taking in magnificent Hudson River views and interacting with art installations along the route.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Whitney Museum of American Art, 99 Gansevoort Street, New York City, NY 10014-1404
Appreciate the unique contributions to modern art and the Whitney’s importance to the Chelsea neighborhood.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Meatpacking District, West of Eighth Avenue, New York City, NY 10014
Understand the importance of the location and how the Meatpacking District went from feeding the city to giving rise to design houses in the 21st Century
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: The Evergreens Cemetery, 1629 Bushwick Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11207-1813
Listen to stories of famous and heroic Brooklynites who died in the line of duty and are buried at Evergreen.
Duration: 2 minutes
Stop At: Sundays Hudson Yards Studio, 500 W 33rd St Unit RU 301, New York City, NY 10001-1301
Take in views of Manhattan’s newest and hottest multi-use area, Hudson Yards. From the Shed to the Vessel, you’ll hear all the best features of this new neighborhood
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Chelsea Market, 75 9th Ave, New York City, NY 10011-7006
Learn how this manufacturing center (the former Nabisco Plant) became one of the coolest dining spots in the city.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This tour can be customized to accommodate dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary needs. You can do so in the ‘Additional request’ box at checkout, or by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Please dress comfortably as this is a walking tour. Casual dress is fine.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
- For your Urban Adventure, you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Please note: in the event of heavy snow fall, the High Line may have to close temporarily while the snow is cleared. Please contact our office at 347-878-8444 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if your tour is still able to run.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Local English-speaking guide
- 1-2 small food tastings in Chelsea Market
- Entry/Admission - The High Line
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
812 Washington St, New York, NY 10014, USA
Market Street, Market St, Wappinger, NY, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Urban Adventures USA in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.