Stroll for two hours with an informative guide through the labyrinth of food stalls at Philadelphia’s 9th Street Italian Market, considered to be the oldest and largest open-air market in the country. Search for authentic Philadelphia foods, and shop to your heart’s content amid a plethora of cheeses, chocolates, deli items and baked goods. You’ll have a chance to chat with local vendors and view mosaic art in South Philly’s characteristic neighborhoods. For a personalized experience, this small-group tour is limited to 12 people.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Philadelphia Urban Adventures, 229 Arch St, Philadelphia, PA 19106-1974
Known for historic landmarks like the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall, Philadelphia is also home to another must-see treasure: the 9th Street Italian Market, where butchers, spice merchants and chocolatiers have carried on their families' food traditions since the 1880s.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Italian Market, 9th Street from Wharton to Fitzwater Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19147
With your guide leading the way, peruse the array of shops, many of Italian heritage. Wander past cheeses, chocolates, spices and olive oils that tempt your taste buds, and discover myriad produce stalls, as well as a kitchen store. Along the way, stop to talk to market vendors and hear fascinating tales about the development of South Philly over the decades. Your guide can help you find a bargain with special discounts.
Continue on toward a variety of Mexican stores in an area where the boxer Rocky Balboa (famously played by Sylvester Stallone) ran through the streets on one of his training runs. Nearby, you’ll find a selection of Vietnamese, Cambodian and Chinese shops.
Your 2-hour tour ends around noon — the perfect time to purchase a Philly cheesesteak for lunch!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: South Street, 301 South St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
Meet your local guide at South Street and walk through the Bella Vista neighborhood in South Philly. Peek down narrow streets where you’ll see mosaic art from a local artist, and then stop by a delectable deli and bakery. Meander along Christian Street before arriving at the Italian Market with its historic marker.
Your tour concludes in the heart of the Italian Market in the Bella Vista neighborhood, with easy access to public transportation.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Attire: A good pair of comfortable walking shoes is recommended; make sure to check the weather report for rain!
- Child policy : This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge; at the time of booking, please advise if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- We reserve the right to change both the route and places visited within the tour. Food inclusions are subject to change, dependent on availability on the day
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- Friendly Local, English-speaking guide
- Discover Philly’s famous landmarks and historical background on 2 hours walking guided tour
- Taste 3 food samples on 3 food stops
- Visit famous 9th Street Italian Market
- Tips on what else to see, do and eat during your stay
- Entry/Admission - Philadelphia Urban Adventures
- Additional food and drinks
New Image Art & Framing, 601 S 9th St, Philadelphia, PA 19147, USA
Bella Vista, Philadelphia, PA 19147, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Intrepid Urban Adventures - USA in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.