Art, culture, diversity, and of course, the spirit of Rocky lives on in South Philly! Join this Philadelphia tour to see just how eclectic this gritty city is. From hidden alleyways to Italian markets, family-owned businesses, and public art, South Philly is a slice of the real Philly.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Philadelphia Urban Adventures, 229 Arch St, Philadelphia, PA 19106-1974
Start your 3 hours tour of the art, culture and food of South Philly on colorful South Street. Follow your guide through the Bella Vista neighborhood for a first glimpse of local artist Isaiah Zagar’s stunning mosaics.
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Italian Market, 9th Street from Wharton to Fitzwater Streets, Philadelphia, PA 19147
After a stop at a historical deli and bakery, continue on foot to the 9th Street Italian Market (aka South 9th Street Curb Market), considered to be America’s oldest open-air market. At this must-see attraction dating back to the 1880s, wander past an array of stores teeming with cheese, chocolate, spices and olive oils. With your knowledgeable guide, meet the butchers, bakers, spice merchants and produce vendors who provide food samples to whet your appetite. You’ll hear stories of the city's early immigrants and have a chance to recreate a famous scene from the 1970s blockbuster film Rocky.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Philadelphia's Magic Gardens, 1020 South St, Philadelphia, PA 19147-1936
Then head to Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens, a unique gallery and community art center that showcases more mosaic art from Isaiah Zagar. Meander through the indoor gallery, and be wowed by the massive outdoor mosaic structure while you hear city stories from your guide.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: South Street, 301 South St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
Next up, catch a public bus for a ride down bustling South Street (weekdays) or iconic Pine Street (weekends), and then walk into historical Queen Village to soak up the charming atmosphere among its narrow streets. Finally, take a stroll past Fabric Row, America’s largest concentration of fabric shops, before finishing your tour back on South Street.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Attire: A good pair of comfortable walking shoes is recommended; make sure to check the weather report for rain
- Child policy: This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed; please select ‘child’ when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge; at the time of booking, please advise if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6 years in the 'special requirements' box on the checkout page
- Maximum group size is 12
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Local guide
- Food samples
- Bus token
- Entry/Admission - Philadelphia Urban Adventures
- Entry/Admission - Philadelphia's Magic Gardens
- Personal shopping
- Food and drinks, unless specified
601 S 9th St, Philadelphia, PA 19147, USA
Bella Vista Neighbors Association, 700 S 9th St, Philadelphia, PA 19147, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Urban Adventures USA in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.