Experience the best travel stories for yourself! Join a local expert and uncover hidden gems on this Lonely Planet Experience powered by Urban Adventures.
The Mission may be San Francisco’s oldest neighborhood, but this district has turned into one of the trendiest parts of the city. Walk among the hippest locals in town on this 2.5-hour San Francisco food tour that combines artisanal eats with some of the most beautiful murals and legendary street art in the city. Expect to try gourmet donuts, Mexican pastries, 'agua fresca' (fruit drink), sweet or savory pie, and stop at a famous taqueria before finishing up at Dolores Park and the Mission Dolores.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mission District, Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94110
Your San Francisco food-tasting tour of the Mission District kicks off with a breakfast of coffee and donuts. Sink your teeth into an artisan-made treat fashioned from locally sourced, organic ingredients. Choose from an eclectic selection of donuts, ranging from bacon maple apple to chocolate rose to lemon and thyme, perfectly paired with your cup 'o joe.
Your guide introduces you to the neighborhood and its legendary food scene. Stop at a local panaderia, or Mexican bakery, emblematic of the Mission District's Latino culture. Bite into pan dulce, or Mexican sweet bread, made fresh daily, and wash it down with refreshing agua fresca, a blended fruit drink.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Balmy Alley Murals, Off 24th Street Parallel to Treat Ave and Harrison Street between 24th & 25th Streets., San Francisco, CA 94110
Continue on to see the murals located along Balmy Avenue, an area with artistic roots dating back several decades. Then sample pie from a local shop, and find your own slice of joy in strawberry rhubarb or perhaps a roasted cauliflower and black olive quiche made with free-range eggs and organic dairy.
After a taste of these delights, hop on a bus (ticket at own expense) and travel a few minutes down the heart of Mission Street, making your way to one of the oldest and most beloved taquerias in the neighborhood for a sampling.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Clarion Alley Murals, Clarion Alley What3words: ///royal.crown.stay, San Francisco, CA 94103
Then proceed on foot to Clarion Alley, where you'll find the second largest collection of murals in the Mission — more contemporary than Balmy Avenue and lined with colorful graffiti. Your guide takes you to the center of the city's hipster scene at the Mission’s best thrift stores and one of the trendiest bakeries where you can grab a final snack.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mission Dolores Park, Dolores Street, San Francisco, CA 94110
Conclude your 2.5-hour food tour at Dolores Park and the nearby Mission Dolores church.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: San Francisco Urban Adventures, San Francisco, CA
Spend as much time as you like here, learning about the history and stories that built San Francisco.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Small group of a maximum of 12 people
- Casual clothing is appropriate for this tour
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- You will visit five locally-owned food establishments based in the Mission district, San Francisco's Latinx neighborhood. Here, you'll delve into a diverse community that is often overlooked by traditional travellers. Try tacos or pupusas from Latinx-owned and operated restaurants, keeping money in the hands of minority entrepreneurs in an increasingly gentrifying area.
- You will also explore dozens of murals produced in collaboration with Precita Eyes Foundation, which provides youth with arts education and empowers budding artists as well as supporting established artists.
- Become socially aware through the art of the Clarion Alley Mural Project, which gives a voice to marginalized communities.
- Enjoy delicious artisan ice cream from Bi-Rite Creamery, whose mission is to connect the community to its food sources by collaborating with local dairies and farms.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Gourmet donut
- Mexican pastry
- Agua Fresca' (fruit drink)
- Sweet or savory pie
- Professional Local Guide
- Entry/Admission - San Francisco Urban Adventures
- 2 bus fare
- Optional Gratuity
2760 24th St, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
2 hours 30 minutes
Dolores Park West Pathway, San Francisco, CA 94114, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Urban Adventures USA in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.